It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
(male)

waywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB Userwaywardson HB User
Receding hairline wreaked havoc to my confidence

Hello,

So I have been having this problem for a long time. I started to lose hair at about the age of 19. I got on propecia which slowed it down quite dramatically, but it is still going at a slow rate. My hairline has gotten a bit high and it has wreaked havoc to my confidence. A lot of women have dismissed me on it, some girls have not seemed to worry as much. I have kind of that Jude Law hairline where it is high up but everywhere else is pretty thick. I have thought about shaving it and getting it over with. I certainly prefer having hair, but my look is not consistent. When my hair is cut well and at an short-med length it can look ok. But once I get out in high winds or I start to sweat a lot from hot temperatures or working out it will change the way it looks. It is rather bothersome really.

I know it has taken my out of the pool of being eligible bachelor with a lot of women but I think maybe it is time to just forget about it in move on. I can go out for a night with my hair looking pretty good, but after a girl spends some time with my she will realize it and be turned off. I am 30 now so I guess at least I am closer to the more accepted age, but I never had a normal hairline to began with..only up to about the age of 16. I am just curious of what the female opinion on it is..be honest I been through enough of rejection and hard truths. The problem is not only is my hairline bad, but I am also short (5'7'') and have lighter skin features. My height was not a problem in my younger years and have always been in great shape and have a deceant face with strong jaw line and so on. But I feel like I really have no chance now..I am kind of slowly becoming invisible to the opposite sex. Well thoughts? Should I just shave it and move on and hope the best and try to be happy with myself..

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-16-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Survey question removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Receding hairline wreaked havoc to my confidence

I think you should stop going for such shallow girls who would make such a non issue an issue. The right girl for you won't even care about that stuff because she will care more about your personality and whether you're an honest and trustworthy guy. The girls who fuss about a receding hairline are the ones you shouldn't want anyway because they will nitpick about every little thing and it will drive you insane!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-16-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
I think you should stop going for such shallow girls who would make such a non issue an issue. The right girl for you won't even care about that stuff because she will care more about your personality and whether you're an honest and trustworthy guy. The girls who fuss about a receding hairline are the ones you shouldn't want anyway because they will nitpick about every little thing and it will drive you insane!
Thanks for the advice

Last edited by waywardson; 05-16-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
(female)

Teacupforme HB UserTeacupforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywardson View Post
Hello,

So I have been having this problem for a long time. I started to lose hair at about the age of 19. I got on propecia which slowed it down quite dramatically, but it is still going at a slow rate. My hairline has gotten a bit high and it has wreaked havoc to my confidence. A lot of women have dismissed me on it, some girls have not seemed to worry as much. I have kind of that Jude Law hairline where it is high up but everywhere else is pretty thick. I have thought about shaving it and getting it over with. I certainly prefer having hair, but my look is not consistent. When my hair is cut well and at an short-med length it can look ok. But once I get out in high winds or I start to sweat a lot from hot temperatures or working out it will change the way it looks. It is rather bothersome really.

I know it has taken my out of the pool of being eligible bachelor with a lot of women but I think maybe it is time to just forget about it in move on. I can go out for a night with my hair looking pretty good, but after a girl spends some time with my she will realize it and be turned off. I am 30 now so I guess at least I am closer to the more accepted age, but I never had a normal hairline to began with..only up to about the age of 16. I am just curious of what the female opinion on it is..be honest I been through enough of rejection and hard truths. The problem is not only is my hairline bad, but I am also short (5'7'') and have lighter skin features. My height was not a problem in my younger years and have always been in great shape and have a decent face with strong jaw line and so on. But I feel like I really have no chance now..I am kind of slowly becoming invisible to the opposite sex. Well thoughts? Should I just shave it and move on and hope the best and try to be happy with myself..

I am 40 years old, but even from age 17 when I started dating I have never worried about hair. I have dated men who were balding. I am also told often that I am very attractive and fit at age 40. When I was younger I modelled in fashion shows for different labels. And I met men that way and I never cared about hair!

My current partner has a receding hairline and salt and pepper and I find him extremely sexy. And he is older than me too. I can guarantee you that ALOT of women do not care about your hair. Maybe you are sensitive and you think its your hair but its actually other factors that have made a few f these women l lose interest.
A man having confidence is the best aphrodisiac for a woman. There is nothing sexier, hair or no hair. If you exude lack of confidence due to this, women may be picking up on this signal because we are highly intuitive. Then she will feel you may lack confidence in other areas of your life.

Anyways, shaving your head can aso be very sexy. My brother did this because he went bald at 30. He is 44 now and has alot of confidence and a beautiful loving partner.

Hair is not the issue.

Last edited by Teacupforme; 05-19-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Whoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB UserWhoopee HB User

What she said! Any woman worth being with is never ever going to make a point of your hair, period - end of discussion. You and your worries are probaby affecting how you're perceived more than anything and that IS a problem. Get over it. Many very nice looking men (so I'm told) have hair like that, or worse. Try your best to put it behind you and it'll pay major dividends down the road. Good Luck!

Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
(male)

I agree that some men look good with being bald and even with high hairline, but they are typically with darker skin and taller. I am curious about the females who commented here, were the men that you dated tall? That is another thing I am 5'7''. The height thing never got to me until I started losing my hair...now it is like a double whammy..I got screwed in the genes department. I keep myself in great shape and have a lot going for me otherwise. I was able to attract girls in the past and fell for one hard while living in Germany..but my hairline has got worse since then and my confidence has as well.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I'm 5'4 and I've dated guys who were only just slightly taller than me and it was no big deal. As long as he isn't shorter than me, then I don't have a problem with height.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
(male)

But balding as well, sry.. Just been down lately.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
(male)

I meant was he balding as well? It is like I can understand a shorter guy being dateable with hair and a taller guy would not matter as much. I knw ppl say it is shallow but I think it is a preference and a lot if women see hairloss as a sign as bad health even though if has nothing to do with that.

Last edited by waywardson; 06-11-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
(female)

Teacupforme HB UserTeacupforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywardson View Post
I agree that some men look good with being bald and even with high hairline, but they are typically with darker skin and taller. I am curious about the females who commented here, were the men that you dated tall? That is another thing I am 5'7''. The height thing never got to me until I started losing my hair...now it is like a double whammy..I got screwed in the genes department. I keep myself in great shape and have a lot going for me otherwise. I was able to attract girls in the past and fell for one hard while living in Germany..but my hairline has got worse since then and my confidence has as well.
No my partner is just 5ft 8. Heis also older, but in great shape. I just have to mention that height is also not an issue for me. My 13 yr old son is 5ft 10 and taller than all of us, and is the oddball in our family. I get attracted to confidence and a bit of mystery. A lot of women do.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-12-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

A couple of them were bald or balding but I didn't care because their personalities were what got me interested in the first place. One was hilarious, he made me laugh all the time, which was awesome. And he also had a goatee, which I love, so I thought he looked cute even with his massive receding hairline and only being about 5'6.

Like I said, quit going after the shallow girls and start going after girls who have some substance and you won't have this problem.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

You wrote in a previous post how you met a girl from Germany and she fell in love with you and you were at the point of marriage but you broke it off........So what's your problem with this hair and height stuff?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #13
(male)

Maybe being back here I am seeing a lot more shallow women, that girl was out of the norm I askefmd myself all the time why she was attracted to me. Plus I have lost quite of bit of hair since then.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
A couple of them were bald or balding but I didn't care because their personalities were what got me interested in the first place. One was hilarious, he made me laugh all the time, which was awesome. And he also had a goatee, which I love, so I thought he looked cute even with his massive receding hairline and only being about 5'6.

Like I said, quit going after the shallow girls and start going after girls who have some substance and you won't have this problem.
Yes I will try although I think it just a preference for a lot of women and can be a deal breaker.

Closed Thread