It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

maryjonesss HB User
Unhappy what should i do with my life

my fiance just dosent seem dont care enough about me, yesterday i had a panic attack so he just decide to go out while im crying in a cornner, so he left me there 2 die please ask for details cause theres so many things going on i just dk what to do im all alone in this town his all i have n im going crazy

Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: what should i do with my life

Well, for starters, what do you do? I mean do you have a job? Go to school? Have any friends? Hobbies? Family? What do you do besides be in this relationship? Before I even get your answer, I'm going to guess that you're way too caught up in this relationship and have little to no outside interests. What you need to do with your life is do your own thing, become your own person, and make your life better despite the relationship.

I used to suffer from panic attacks too. They came on for no reason at all and it was debilitating! But I was single at the time and instead of crying in a corner by myself I decided to take charge of my life and set goals, and forced myself to work toward those goals. Even through all of my relationships I still kept a very tight hold on my own stuff, like my schooling, my finances, and my personal space, and that has helped me 10000%.

You need to pull yourself together and stop being so dependent on your boyfriend to help you through your anxiety. It's a personal thing that only you can fix and he has no impact on it at all. Find a hobby and some friends so you don't have to keep depending on him to entertain you 100% of the time. Guys don't like girls who are so needy. It irritates them and makes them resentful. You need to nip this in the bud and start working on you. There's no reasonable explanation for why panic attacks happen but speaking as someone who used to get them a lot for no reason at all, I can tell you that it IS possible to get through it and even to make them go away completely. It comes with being prepared for life by ensuring you're independently able to take care of yourself and don't need to rely on anyone for anything. That's what you need to work on and then you'll see how the panic attacks are not there anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
pendulum (07-02-2013), solofelix (07-02-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
Well, for starters, what do you do? I mean do you have a job? Go to school? Have any friends? Hobbies? Family? What do you do besides be in this relationship? Before I even get your answer, I'm going to guess that you're way too caught up in this relationship and have little to no outside interests. What you need to do with your life is do your own thing, become your own person, and make your life better despite the relationship.

I used to suffer from panic attacks too. They came on for no reason at all and it was debilitating! But I was single at the time and instead of crying in a corner by myself I decided to take charge of my life and set goals, and forced myself to work toward those goals. Even through all of my relationships I still kept a very tight hold on my own stuff, like my schooling, my finances, and my personal space, and that has helped me 10000%.

You need to pull yourself together and stop being so dependent on your boyfriend to help you through your anxiety. It's a personal thing that only you can fix and he has no impact on it at all. Find a hobby and some friends so you don't have to keep depending on him to entertain you 100% of the time. Guys don't like girls who are so needy. It irritates them and makes them resentful. You need to nip this in the bud and start working on you. There's no reasonable explanation for why panic attacks happen but speaking as someone who used to get them a lot for no reason at all, I can tell you that it IS possible to get through it and even to make them go away completely. It comes with being prepared for life by ensuring you're independently able to take care of yourself and don't need to rely on anyone for anything. That's what you need to work on and then you'll see how the panic attacks are not there anymore.
While I think that this is a great great post, that there is hardly anything else to add, and that reading it has moved me really, I want to propose a minor correction: it is impossible to not rely on anyone for anything. What you can do is to minimize your dependence on other people and to rely only on the useful and necessary people on each occasion, if you see what I mean. In other words, select the people on who you can rely and do your homework, as Kszan wisely said, and you will be fine. It may take some time, but it works. Good luck!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi maryjonesss,
I agree that the advice that Kszan has given you is excellent and you should read it through thoroughly and act upon it.
When it comes down to the wire each of us are all responsible to a degree of how we cope in this type of situation.
Believe me you can get through this and come out a far stronger person in the end.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjonesss View Post
my fiance just dosent seem dont care enough about me, yesterday i had a panic attack so he just decide to go out while im crying in a cornner, so he left me there 2 die please ask for details cause theres so many things going on i just dk what to do im all alone in this town his all i have n im going crazy
wow, to die? I doubt he left you there to die. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has ever died from a panic attack. Could it be possible he thought you crying in a corner was a way to manipulate him?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

MantuaMom2 HB User

Hang on here a moment please. Anyone truly suffering with panic attacks is not going to, nor can they deal with anything else. Obviously she is too vulnerable right now to do any of the things that have been suggested here. 'It comes with being prepared for life', get a hobby? go to school, have a job? Panic attacks will rule your life and stop you in your tracks if you let them. Pull herself together and get on with life?? Panic attacks come on for no reason? Stop right there!
Yes, MaryJonesss felt like she was going to die! I hear you MJ and I get it. It doesn't sounds like you understand much about panic attacks. You don't say how long you have been dealing with them. There is a reason they come on and can be triggered by so many different things but the bottom line is it is a chemical imbalance. My advice is to get to your doctor and start on the medication that will allow you to be free from these terrors and persue all the hobbies, careers and men in life that you want. I think your fiance may not know what is going on with you or what to do for you. How would you explain an panic to someone who has never had one? Let's see 'I'm scared to death, there is something seriously wrong with me. I think I am going to die right here and right now. I cannot breathe, my arms and legs are numbs, my heart is pounding and the room is going black. I am going to die.' Why? 'Oh no reason anyone can find, it's just something I do now and then'.
Get to your doctor and get control of these attacks. And if your boyfriend cannot understand this invisible enemy or he isn't sympathetic to your needs, he is not the man for you.

Reply Reply