It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
(female)

ivoryakkitta HB User
Unhappy Lost

Hi I'm needing a bit of advice. I'm a new high level amputee and CHF and married to a schizophrenic with paranoid type. Hears the problem I just found out after 4 yrs he's still married to his 2nd wife he was writing and talking with her a month then when I had 3 major surgeries to my right leg to which I lost except for 8inches .The day of my surgery to amputate the leg he didn't even bother to come to the hospital and now I can't be out of his sight I was the major bread winner and the only house cleaner. So he says even though he's married he has schizophrenia none of his marriages where valid . This man is unreal he talking to me about trying to get better so I can return to work. I'm always wrong he's above me If hes caught lying he changes the subject,right now I can't leave and I don't want to leave my home . He started this stuff when he knew I couldn't leave and i'm isolated and at his mercy . Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
(female)

redsmom HB User
Re: Lost

Ivory I'm so sorry your going through that. It's bad enough being whole and healthy and have to go through that but in your case…what a shmuck! If I were you I'd wait it out. Get your self well while doing what you can now to plan your future. You deserve better, some one who has your back, faithful and uplifts you. If you can squirrel money away in a savings account in your name only then do that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryakkitta View Post
Hi I'm needing a bit of advice. I'm a new high level amputee and CHF and married to a schizophrenic with paranoid type. Hears the problem I just found out after 4 yrs he's still married to his 2nd wife he was writing and talking with her a month then when I had 3 major surgeries to my right leg to which I lost except for 8inches .The day of my surgery to amputate the leg he didn't even bother to come to the hospital and now I can't be out of his sight I was the major bread winner and the only house cleaner. So he says even though he's married he has schizophrenia none of his marriages where valid . This man is unreal he talking to me about trying to get better so I can return to work. I'm always wrong he's above me If hes caught lying he changes the subject,right now I can't leave and I don't want to leave my home . He started this stuff when he knew I couldn't leave and i'm isolated and at his mercy . Help
What do you mean you are at his mercy? Apart from him, don't you have any other family members? I think you will need them to support you in case you decide to divorce this man.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
(female)

MantuaMom2 HB User

If I may, here is your problem in a nutshell 'Hears the problem I just found out after 4 yrs he's still married to his 2nd wife he was writing and talking with her a month'. This man is still married to another woman, whether or not he thinks it is valid. He is a user and an abuser by your own words. This 'man' is the last thing you need in your life and I think you have already come to this conclusion. What you need now is a way to get rid of this 'man'. Do you belong to a church? Have you family? A case worker? You can leave your home for a while, you might not want too for whatever reason but think of it as a recovery period away from home and not forever. As a last or even first resort, call a battered woman shelter. They are not only for physically battered women but also emotionally battered and that is what you, my Dear, are! Calling doesn't mean you must go right now. Call to talk. They are trained and caring and have many solutions available. It won't cost you anything and is a first step. You can do this!

Closed Thread