It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2004, 07:37 PM   #1

elnkar HB User
Question related problems? what aggravates symptoms?

Hi all,

I've noticed that my rls is much worse when my plantar fascitis (sp)/heel spurs are aggravated. When my feet hurt, my legs kill me. It's also much worse when I'm over-tired (which is becoming a daily occurence lately). Does anyone else have this problem? Or experience with something that aggravates their symptoms?

By the way, I take .125 mg of Mirapex at night. It stops the worst of the symptoms for me on a regular day (if I'm not overtired or on my feet for long periods of time). It does not help when my feet/legs hurt or when I have PMS. I was on a higher dose but I found that it made me very restless at night - not my legs but my whole body (tossing and turning). Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
Ellen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 07:27 AM   #2

PETALS HB User
Wink Re: related problems? what aggravates symptoms?

Hello,
I Also Had Heel Problems And My Legs Felt Wore Out Due To Being A Waitress(night Shift At Times). Alot Of Nights I Would Almost Cry Because I Was Sooooo Tired. If Soaking In The Hot Tub For 30 Min Or Longer Didn't Work, I Would Stand Along The Wall Just To Get Some Kind Of Sleep. I Took Requip For A Couple Of Yrs Then Changed To Mirapex About A Month Ago. Clonazepam Was Added As Well While Taking Requip. I Started Having Side Effects And Did Not Like The Spacey Feeling W/clonazepam.my New Docs Changed The Meds. Being Weaned Off Of Mirapex And Starting The New Med Has Took Me Back To The Pre Feelings Of Rls Cold Turkey!! It Will Take A Couple Of Weeks To Rebuild The Dose. I Do Stop Caffine Or Sugary Things Approx At 2:00pm. For Me I Can't Go To Bed On A Empty Stomach. Pretzels Or A Piece Of Bread Seems To Help. Alway A Glass Of Ice Water Because The Meds Make Me Thirsty. When I Am Overly Tired It Is More Difficult For Me As Well. It Has Moved To My Arms Also.

Hope This Helps!
Petals
P.s. My Doc Started Me On Slow Fe Iron. He Said I Was Enemic. Iron Plays A Part In Rls. Your Muscles Need Good Blood Supply Flowing To Keep Them From Drawing Up(twitching)etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread