It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Talking You aren't all gonna believe this, I still don't!!

Hi,

Okay about 3 days ago, my husband told me that I had a bad night, and I was like what, and he told me that I moved more than usual in bed. Now I never thought that I moved much in bed, just a flip from my stomach to my back and vice versa. So I brought that up and he said NOOOO.

Anyway he told me that I woke him up in the middle of the night and my legs were moving like I was running, he said this went on for like 15 minutes and he said that he didn't want to wake me up incase he starteled me, and he said that I do this all of the time but the other night was different. He said that after I was done moving my legs, I flipped from my back to my stomach and I sent him into the air, and I laughed it off and he told me that it wasn't funny.

Now I see where he gets these bruises on his legs from, I thought that he was banging them at work more because we do move estates, so he is always moving furniture and such. And when I would always ask him how did you get that bruise he would aways tell me that I did it, now I know that I did do it. I feel so bad for my husband that he has to live with me, in our bed and go through all of that, thank God we have a King size bed.

Anyway I had posted on here not that long ago that if you put soap in the bed by your legs or tie to your leg that it helps with RLS, I had heard this from a friend, so I thought, what the heck. I placed a bar of soap under my fitted sheet by my legs last night. And I feel like I got the best night of sleep, I don't feel exhausted today and I feel very alert.

I can't believe how one little thing can make you feel so different.

Anyway, the bar of soap works, I used Ivory. So now my husband is making fun of me because I am sleeping with a bar of soap. But I say, hey at least you can sleep now and so can I.

He told me that he doesn't remember me waking up last night, which I was unaware of.

JC

God gives his best angels have the worse jobs in life. As in Sicknesses.

Last edited by joe28paws; 05-19-2005 at 04:10 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to joe28paws For This Useful Post:
Sweets1210 (11-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
Re: You aren't all gonna believe this, I still don't!!

We really need a "rolling on the floor laughing" gif for messages like this! I do hope that the soap solves the problem for you and that you both get more sleep. And that your poor husband will recover from his bruised legs!

Old 06-01-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

ebullin HB User
Smile Re: You aren't all gonna believe this, I still don't!!

I've posted messages about the "soap relief" before, and here goes another...It works for me!!!!! I was very skeptical when I heard of this, but I had nothing to lose.....except restlessness. It works, folks! So don't knock it til you try it........

Old 06-02-2005, 04:59 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

Joe28paws ~
When you mentioned the soap was "by my legs", were your legs actually ever touching the soap?

Old 06-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
(female)

ebullin HB User
Smile Re: You aren't all gonna believe this, I still don't!!

To answer Millpark, as for me, yes, sometimes the soap touches my legs, but it doesn't have to in order to work. I actually put 2 bars of soap under the covers, one "by" each leg. By the way, the soap I use is Jergen's, but I have heard most any soap works except Dove.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User

I use the soap also. I use lever and I have had restless legs for about 40 years. I don't know how it works but it does.

Old 06-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #7
(female)

eee HB User

I wish it would work for me. I tried it last night - jergens and dial - and I didn't have any luck. I'll try it again tonight.

I also tried the soaking (I only soaked my feet for about 1/2 hr) in epsom salts trick and that did seem to help. I had a good night that night. I think I'll do both tonight.

Here's wishing you a good night sleep!

Old 06-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
Inactive

joe28paws HB User
Lightbulb Re: You aren't all gonna believe this, I still don't!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eee
I wish it would work for me. I tried it last night - jergens and dial - and I didn't have any luck. I'll try it again tonight.

I also tried the soaking (I only soaked my feet for about 1/2 hr) in epsom salts trick and that did seem to help. I had a good night that night. I think I'll do both tonight.

Here's wishing you a good night sleep!
Hi EEE,

Try eating a banana or taking a potassium supplement about 3 hours before you go to bed, try for a week straight and see what happens.

I have been taking potassium for my kidney stones, and it seems that the potassium has helped in me sleeping better and not waking up as often during the night.

JC

Old 06-24-2005, 07:59 PM   #9
(female)

skulli HB User
Exclamation Re: You aren't all gonna believe this, I still don't!!

that makes no scientific sense to me at all. I will try it though.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:03 PM   #10
(male)

iduff HB User

Well here is my 2 cents worth about soap other than the shape of the soaps brands mentioned and soap in general,think about what else is common.or what is shared among the many brands?...what common ingredent (sp) links these bars? and then go out and buy it if possible in pure form and try it then....just like Castor oil works well for RLS..Look up Castor oil in/with fannel cloth and you all may be surprized at what else this treatment is good for....
Duff

Old 06-30-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
Inactive

ImL8 HB User

Here's another possible solution......someone told me to use Lavendar....so I went to the health food store and got Lavendar Essential Oil. I put a couple of drops on a cotton ball and set it by where I'm tring to sleep. THe Lavendar is suppose to relax you and it does seem to be helping the RLS.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

I tried it last night. My husband laughed....but it worked!!! I don't know why or how....but he didn't move his legs all night!!! And he said he felt rested!!!!!!!!!

yeh!!!! Thank you

Closed Thread