It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 05:17 AM   #1
(female)

Trashley HB User
Angry Creepy Crawly Skin Sensations

About two weeks ago I experience while trying to fall asleep a creepy crawly sensation on mostly my legs, but throughout my whole body, even on my face and arms, feet.

I looked online and I have many of the basic sypmtoms of RLS, but somehow I don't think it is because it happens all over my body. It seriously feels like the tiniest bugs are crawling across my skin and biting me. Most times I will shake or swipe my skin but I will not itch.

This is why I am up tonight at 5 in the morning, unable to sleep. During the day it goes almost unrecognizable, but when I lay down in bed and start to think about it I realize that those sensations are present again. I don't have any rashes or spots or anything abnormal. I tried holding my breathe while in bed to see if it was just my body movement moving against the fibers in my bed, but even as I sit dead still at my computer desk I can feel tiny crawly things across my legs and sometimes the rest of my body.

I have no idea what this is, if it's just an obsession complusive thing or if I really do have something wrong with my skin. It bothers me so much and causes much stress during the night when I badly want to go to sleep, but can't. Also, I have not once ever spotted a bug on my skin while looking at the spot of irration on my skin. Maybe it is something under my skin? But like I said I have no rashes or spots or anything like that.

If it is RLS, how do I tell my doctor, she might think I'm 'crazy'. And is there any treatment for it? Like meds? or creams?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #2
(female)

Trashley HB User
Re: Creepy Crawly Skin Sensations

Also I am told by a doctor to take a full vitamin supplement plus an extra calcium supplement because I have been on Depro-Provera for over a year and I guess Depo decreases natural vitamin intake or something like that. I rarely take these vitamins, but from looking around these boards and some say it has to do with iron, magnesium, I also heard from a friend, vitamin c? I will start to take my vitamins since I am told buy a doctor but just something ot look forward to, can you tell me if vitamins will help rls or whatever skin problem or disorder I have?

Old 08-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Lack of absorbtion of Iron or Magnesium are common culprits for RLS, but you will need a complete CBC from your doctor to determine if you're lacking any nutrients. You need to find out for sure if it's RLS too. I promise you, your doctor won't think you're crazy. RLS is more common than you might think. If she's already told you that you need to take vitamins, by all means take them. I don't know anything about Depro-Provera, but if it decreases natural vitamin intake, then you'll need those supplements for sure.

My bloodwork showed low ferritin levels even though I ate plenty of red meat and took a daily vitamin. Now I'm on Iron supplements as well as extra vitamn C which aids in the absorbtion of the Iron. Stopped the RLS right in it's tracks.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Trashley,

I have restless leg syndrome. I just told my GP, about 4 mo ago that my legs feel like they need to move or jump. Sometimes the do, just the tiniest bit. But most of the times, it just helps me some to bounce them up & down.

I am on Requip, which I think is a new drug. It helps greatly. Sometimes you have to adjust you dosage and time(s) taken. Sometimes I get the jumping leg feeling in the afternoon also.

Ask your dr about it. It cAnnot hurt.

Good Luck

Wannabe

Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User

but she/he is saying that its not just on her legs but all over.

I have the same problem. I have Fibromyalgia, but I'm also about to get tested for MS and have a bone marrow test because I do have anemia.

I sit here every day and it feels like tiny bugs are crawling on me or little nats are crawling on my skin and there is nothing there. NO rash, no bug bits no nothing, just annoying.

I think its definitely a central nervous system problem

Old 10-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
(male)

del777 HB User

I have a number of family members that struggle with this and the following recommendation was given and believe it or not it worked. OK, this is going to sound really nuts but here it goes:

Put one or two bars of soap under your sheets while you sleep and for some reason in a short period of time you will be put at ease. Give it a try. What do you have to lose?

http://www.noblemish.com

Closed Thread