It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

vision HB User
restless leg

My doctor put me on clonazepam aka klonopin for restless leg.This worked but I have to increse the amount I take as time passes.One thing I have learned is that antihistamines can cause restless leg or make it worse.If you are taking antihistamines and have restless leg try stopping the antihistimines and see what happens.THC is the best if taken befor bedtime,but you need to see your doctor and hope you live in the right state.If you think restless leg goes away while you sleep you are wrong.While being tested for restless leg,in a hospital setting I found out that I had 169 leg jerks durning the four hours I was asleep,69 of which woke me up,even though I was not aware of this.Now you know why you feel tired during the day!! Hope this helps someone,good luck. Vision

Old 10-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

RaggedyPrim HB User
Re: restless leg

Vision, I started out on Clonazepam for my RLS about a year ago. My dr. started me on .5 mg...and increased it to 1.0 mg. after awhile. When that wasn't doing enough, she added another med to take along with the C., because she told me she doesn't like to keep increasing Clonazepam. I'm not a dr. or nurse...just telling you what my dr. did. That combination still didn't stop the RLS, so she's changed to another med. to replace that 2nd one. We keep trying to find something that will help. I just posted in another thread about an interesting experience I had a couple of weeks ago, if you'd like to track that down! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
(female)

Sleepy61 HB User

Ask to try requip id you have not already tried it. I think that it saved my life. I take 2mg at night. I started out much lower and increased it very slowly and only when deemed necessary. Then clonazepam only when I am haveing a really bad night or have suffered through a rough couple of sleepless night.
Regular exercise and a nightime routine seems to help me. Oh, and staying away from sweets at night helps also.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
(male)

tokai HB User

I've Had Rls For As Long As I Can Remember,but Only Recently Have I Realized What It Is .i Have Been Married For 6 Years Now And My Wife Figured Out If She Used A Massager On The Bottom Of My Feet And On My Legs that solves the problem of RLS .Try It See If You Can Get Off The Chemicals.you'll Feel Better More Ways Then One.

Last edited by tokai; 12-23-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Closed Thread