It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

Priscillamylove HB User
Clonazepam for RLS?

Has any tried this for RLS?
Was it effective?
A doctor I seen recently prescribed this for me, but I felt like it was just putting me to sleep. Which it did effectively, but was it helping the RLS?
I don't really know, I guess it was by just knocking me out.
I don't really have bad RLS, with legs twitching at night. At least not as far as my husband can tell.
Anyway...just wanted to see if anyone else had tried this medication.
Now swtching to Mirapax...hope it doesn't make me sleepy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
(female)

GenRose HB User
Re: Clonazepam for RLS?

I have this medication too, only .25mg at bedtime. I did not like the "hangover" feeling I get from this in the morning, so I do not take it when I have to work the next day. I am currently taking sinimet ER and ambien CR at night and it is working. I have been on so many different medications because I have a severe case of RLS. What works for some, may not work for others. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Over50butactive HB User

Prescribed by my neurologist, I take Mirapex and clonazepam for RLS.

Mirapex works great for me. Fortunately, I have few RLS attacks on a relatively small dose (0.125 mg, twice a day).

For me, a side effect of Mirapex is chronic insomnia. Hence, the clonazepam (2 mg bedtime) helps me to sleep.

If I didn't take the clonazepam, I would not sleep much.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #4
(female)

Priscillamylove HB User

Thanks all for your comments.
I'm now on the Mirapex at night. Typically it makes me sleepy. I guess for some it make them stay awake....is this right?
I actually like how clonazepam made me tired & I got a full night of sleep every night.

Priscilla

Old 09-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
(female)

KissAmeGal HB User

I am currently taking Klonopin for RLS, 1mg at nite. It helps a little, but not completely. I don't really think it makes me sleepy. maybe should see about taking something else along with the klonopin. going to call doc. on Monday. I am also taking Mobic, as i also have FM, but i am still in constant pain and alot of stiffness. he had me on neurontin, maybe he'll put me back on that, was also on robaxin.

G'Nite
Shellie

Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #6
(female)

sunny47 HB User

I take .5mg clonazepam for rls as needed. Do not take it nightly. Seems to last a few days (long half life they say) with less effectiveness each night. I take it about 1/2 hour before I am going to bed if I feel like I am going to need it - I can usually tell - either actively having rls or legs just not relaxed, etc. Not sure if it makes me sleepy but I do sleep a lot better with it and do dream - which I had not remembered doing in years, so think am getting good sleep. I also have fm.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User

Dear board, my step mom has said that it sounds like i have this RLS and it's weird how i didn't have any problems prior to being taken off the Clozapen and i have always struggled with leg weakness upon walking but the creepy crawling feeling i experience can be many things but it's weird to look back and know that it wasn't as bad before, i am starting to find out that alot of my problems might be minor instead of major, like back pain from a cyst and leg pain due to RLS. I know i could be wrong, but i don't have symptoms of MS, and not a whole lot showing on an MRI of back, but who knows, these boards give me hope!
Love, Monkey

Closed Thread