It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2006, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

mitpatsmom HB User
Is there a Restless Foot Syndrome?

I'm having the same symptoms as those with RLS, but only in the feet. Is this the same thing? Wrong Diagnosis.com says that RLS usually runs from the calf to the ankle.

I was up almost all night last night with a tingling feeling in my feet. If I got up and walked around a little bit, it would feel better and I could go back to sleep. An hour later, it would start again. It almost felt like a quick tickle that would make my feet jerk. I had the urge to press the bottoms of my feet against something, like my leg or the footboard of the bed.

My triggers seem to be medication. I've felt this before after taking NyQuil and Tylenol PM. Yesterday, I took Tylenol Sinus Severe Congestion at 3PM and the tingling kept me up until 3AM. It was the worst bout ever.

Does anyone know if this is the same thing or some other foot problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to mitpatsmom For This Useful Post:
jfelch1 (05-05-2011)
Old 03-16-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Re: Is there a Restless Foot Syndrome?

I don't know, but I think I read that even though RLS is most common in the legs, that it can affect other parts of the body as well. It sure does sound like RLS, especially when you mentioned the Tylenol PM. That stuff will send my RLS into a frenzy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User

Your symptoms are exactly like mine. My doctor says it's RLS. I get up and walk around to calm it down for awhile. I have the same urge to press the bottoms of my feet against something. I don't have it every night, in fact most nights I don't have it, but when I do it's very hard to get asleep.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:54 AM   #4
(female)

mitpatsmom HB User

I asked my doctor about this yeterday and he confirmed that RLS can be in the feet. Since it only seems to happen when I use certain medications, his advice was just to avoid those triggers.

Last night, I had a slight case of it after drinking a beer. I guess I'll have to watch that. Maybe I'll just switch to Margaritas.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #5

inhisname HB User

If you have RLS do not take Tylenol PM or other cold medications. They make it worse. I also wont take antiemetics-mediaction for nausea. This is how I figured out I had RLS-someone on the board mentioned the effects of the cold medication-I recognized myself in the description-had a sleep study done- I have severe RLS.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:28 AM   #6
(female)

pondlover6 HB User

have you tried raising the end of your bed slightly. it works for some people

Closed Thread