It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 02:17 AM   #1

missaesthetic HB User
Angry Is there a Restless BODY Syndrome?

A few months ago, I started noticing everytime I laid down or tried to rest, my legs always felt like they needed to stretch or get up and walk around. Then it started to go to my feet, arms, back and neck. For the past month now I have been having problems going to sleep because I'm twisting and turning while having to tried and stretch my body. It only gets better when I get up and move around (for my legs). Is this RLS?

Someone please help!

Thanks,
Mandy

Old 04-25-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
(male)

Sifufor HB User
Re: Is there a Restless BODY Syndrome?

I think there is, in fact I know there is. I have a bad case of RLS, and the sensation I have sometimes covers my whole body. When that happens, I feel like jerking my body for relief. I get the relief but only for a short time, like 15 seconds or so.

I used to think that the restlessness in my legs and body was due to humidity in a cold night. I'd get under the blanket because it's cold, then 10 seconds later I'd get out of it because it's too warm. I'd toss and turn, blanket off, blanket on, etc., until I fall asleep hours later. When the body gets the feeling, I'd tighten my arms next to my torso, then jerk. When my wife is not in bed with me, I'd sometimes give out a yell with the jerk. The harder I tense my body and jerk the longer the relief.

People describe the RLS sensation in different ways, but I think all are feeling the same thing. I would describe it as a "buzz" in my legs. When the "buzz" gets into my whole body, often, like you, I have to stand up and walk around. Right now typing, this I feel the "buzz" in my legs.

My neurologist discovered my RLS quite accidently. I went to a sleep clinic for
sleep apnea testing. They found that I not only have a bad case of sleep apnea (I've been sleeping with a CPAP machine. It breathes for me when I stop), but also RLS. They said I moved my legs over a thousand times AND jerked my body about a 100 times. The doctor prescribed Parkinson's disease medication for me (I forgot which one) to counter the jerks.

Last edited by Sifufor; 04-25-2006 at 01:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
(female)

Godschild20035 HB User
Re: Is there a Restless BODY Syndrome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaesthetic
A few months ago, I started noticing everytime I laid down or tried to rest, my legs always felt like they needed to stretch or get up and walk around. Then it started to go to my feet, arms, back and neck. For the past month now I have been having problems going to sleep because I'm twisting and turning while having to tried and stretch my body. It only gets better when I get up and move around (for my legs). Is this RLS?

Someone please help!

Thanks,
Mandy

I too, have restless leg syndrome. I used to get the feeling of something crawling under my skin and tingling, stinging, and other feelings on my legs and especially on my feet. I couldn't control myself from stretching and kicking in bed. And when that wouldn't work, I would get up and walk around in the middle of the night. It was very difficult trying to get myself to sleep. I don't get those feelings much anymore. I believe it's because I have some damaged nerves and I am taking a medication that my doctor prescribed to me. It's called neurontin and when it's not time for my next dosage, I rub some thera-gesic pain relief cream on and it seems to also work for me, slowly but surely.

Hope this helps.....

Godschild

Last edited by Godschild20035; 04-30-2006 at 12:19 AM.

Closed Thread