It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Bar soap between sheets for RLS

Has anyone tried putting a bar of soap (unwrapped) between the sheets to relieve restless legs?

Last week my whole body had the restless feeling and had not been able to sleep for a few nights. Heard about a bar of soap helping restless legs but no one seems to know why it works.

I decided to toss a couple bars of soap between the sheets, and believe it or not I slept sound all night. Been sleeping with a bars of soap in bed for a week now and still sleeping good.

Thist might be of help to others, can't hurt you, nothing taken internally, etc.

If you try this and it helps, please come back and let us know.

It seems that no one knows why this works. Even Nurses are telling people about this even tho it is not known why it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
(female)

Abbycakes HB User
Re: Bar soap between sheets for RLS

Hmmm...interesting. A few questions: Does it matter what kind of soap? Do you put it at the bottom of the bed? Or, do you put it between your legs? Does it go between you and your partner, if applicable? I just can't get a "mind movie" of how this is suppose to play out.
Thanks!
Abbycakes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
(female)

peace1910 HB User

my mom does this and swears it works...weird huh? so give it a try if you have rls....what have you got to loose? she uses dove so other soap that has rounded edges..................................p eace

Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
(female)

huffnpuff HB User

You put it toward the bottom of the bed (by your feet), between the sheet and the mattress or mattress pad. It's been in our local papers many times, when people write in to the local doctor that writes in the paper, and they ask how to do this. I have done it for about a year and a half, and I can honestly say however, and why it works, I have no idea, but it does. You can feel it in the bed with your feet once in a while so use a soap with rounded corners, and it must be unwrapped. Try it, you'll like it! My husband has one on his side of the bed also, because he suffers from RLS too. We both have found relief. Can't hurt!

Last edited by huffnpuff; 12-07-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #5
(female)

Wellsy HB User

Are you all kidding? This sounds wild!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
(female)

mom2ced HB User
Exclamation Re: Bar soap between sheets for RLS

Nope, they are serious!
Didn't work for me though.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User

Gonna give it a try...... what's it gonna hurt... Dee

Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 PM   #8
(female)

sheeshkabob HB User

Are you serious? So far, the only thing that works for me is to wear socks and longjohns, slippers, and a fleece sweater over my nightgown. Like, "Hello". My DH laughs about it but if it works ya do it, right? Warmth seems to work, as well as weighted covers over the shoulders. As soon as I feel the strange sensations in my feet I know what I'm up against for the night.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:36 AM   #9
(female)

nanna_T HB User

I haven't been diagnosed with RLS, but my legs do jump a bit sometimes, and I have been having trouble sleeping, and staying asleep, so I decided just for interest sake to try the bar of soap between the sheets. Since doing this 2 weeks ago, I have to my amazement, slept like a log every night. I thought it was just coincidence for the first few nights, but now I am totally convinced that it does work. Thanks for the tip Misty800.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #10
(female)

Jenny5 HB User

Thank you for posting about this!! Sounds hilarious, but after last night, I'm willing to try!
*Jenny5 runs to unwrap a bar of soap for tonight*

Old 03-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Legzgonewild HB User
Cool Re: Bar soap between sheets for RLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbycakes View Post
Hmmm...interesting. A few questions: Does it matter what kind of soap? Do you put it at the bottom of the bed? Or, do you put it between your legs? Does it go between you and your partner, if applicable? I just can't get a "mind movie" of how this is suppose to play out.
Thanks!
Abbycakes
Doesn't matter what kind. I use Coast. Makes your room smell good too. Just put them in the bed with you, preferably near the problem area. It does work.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #12
(female)

bommaritok HB User

I have horrible leg cramps. Is the soap suppose to work for this?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #13
(female)

Gardenlady HB User
Question Re: Bar soap between sheets for RLS

Hey Shakopee - I am in Belle Plaine I am wondering if anyone has tried soap in the pockets during the day for leg pain. I tried it once and it seemed to help but I don't know if it was a coincidence. I would like to hear from someone else who has tried it. I recently bought a lavender scented bar of soap. Not sure if it will work but if not, back to the original bar soap.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #14
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User

this is an absolute joke and if it worked it was a fluke, tried it and had 30 others on another board try it, it didnt work either

Old 04-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #15
(female)

Gardenlady HB User

I am open to a bar of soap between the sheets being a fluke. I honestly can't figure out why it would work. BUT at this point with the pain, I don't care. If it is only working on my mind, I will take it! I haven't given up but I don't think it is helping. If anyone has any other home remedies, PLEASE post!! I couldn't make it 15 minutes in the car the other day without stopping and bailing out. It's getting worse

Closed Thread