It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

yrstruly HB User
rls during the day

i was diagnosed with rls in 99. i'm a 28 year old female. i've been on so many drugs since then, but haven't been using anything for about the last 10 months or so. the first few years i was on neurontin and that worked, but once it stopped working, nothing else was good. nearly all the meds made me sick. i've pretty much given up.

i wanted to talk about rls during the day, though. i'm a strange one in that it doesn't keep me from sleeping, and once i'm asleep i don't think i even move - but during the day it's awful. i kick around when i'm sitting, standing, sometimes even when walking. i get it in my arms and torso. my toes and feet go numb sometimes.

it's really embarrassing because sometimes it's hard to hide. anyone else experience this?

i guess i just wanted to find someone with similar experiences. i don't have a question or anything...

yrstruly.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

Emptybonz HB User
Re: rls during the day

I am bothered with RLS all day long. I sit behind a desk for eight hours, and sometimes it gets pretty miserable. Like you, I kick a lot, get up and walk around, rub my legs, anything I can think of to cope. At home I stretch my legs...bend down and touch my toes to stretch them.

Do you have problems riding in a car for any distance? That has been torture for me, too. And sitting through a dinner/theatre...there have been times when I think I'll go crazy! What a weird ailment to have!

I've had this for as long as I can remember, but it has gotten much worse as I get older (I'm 58). I currently take Carbidopa/Levadopa. This runs in my family. My mother, aunt, cousin, brother, and son all have it. I apologized to my son for passing it along to him. Sure wish I didn't have it......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
(male)

bjmjpl HB User

hey - im the same way and moine just started several months ago - although i kinda remember having it when i was a little kid - its awful - all day - some days i walk most of the day and when its bad its into my arms etc...totally affecting my life - id love to chat - i can sleep too which i am so thankful for - but its still awful all day long - sounds like the wierd case you describe - and were about the same age - im 32...

id love to discuss...

marc

Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
(female)

cyndeemc52 HB User
Question Re: rls during the day

I have had RLS for many years. In the last year it has really started bothering during the day as well. I will be sitting still and my legs start jerking. I have tried requip (little help and expensive). My shrink has me take Lorazepam 1mg to control it. He wants me to take it 3 times a day. I wouldn't be able to stay a wake. It does relax you and takes the edge off of other things as well. Has anyone tried this?

Cyndee

Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
(female)

Gardenlady HB User

I was looking for someone else having trouble during the day. Requip works at night but daytime is getting worse and worse. It's such a painful ache that I want to cry and nothing seems to work. I have feet problems and often when my legs want to move, my feet don't! I am going to try some of these home remedies but I'm concerned where this is headed. I too get sick from Requip. However, I do have a 20 minute window to fall asleep before it hits. My wise mother-in-law suggested eating something BEFORE I take the meds. That has given me the 20 minute window

Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
(female)

shelley7491 HB User

Im 40 and have had RLS as long as I can remember but wasnt diagnosed with it until about 2 yrs ago my mom also has it night is hell for me I kick and twitch and sometimes cry in my sleep from the pain of it it gets in my hips and legs but I also have it very bad in the day cant sit still just sit and move my legs all the time and it hurts so bad in my bones Im on Requip and I really think it helps alot during the night but nothing helps in the day would love sugestions on controling the pain and movment but the pain is the worst for me cant even think sometimes it hurts soo bad HELP and if I can help I will

Old 05-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #7
(female)

sacridote HB User

Yep, I get it during the day sometimes too. A doctor at the Garvey Clinic in Wichita told me to try Calcium-Magnesium-Zinc supplements. They REALLY help. And you can take them more often than the Requip. I take 2 at night w/ my Requip (1 mg). If my legs bother me during the day I take 2 more right then.

Jeannette

Closed Thread