It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

asdlkjfriends HB User
Restless Body Syndrome???

Hi, My name is Jan. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing a, for no other name, "restless body syndrome". I have RLS so bad it effects my whole body now with aching pain that feels horrible. It happens during the day also. Not just at night. It has been worse than it is right now. But even still, it is severe to say the least. Effexor made it so much worse that I almost went to emergency room a few times cuz it was panicing me. I thought it was a stroke of some sort. I am now on Celexa/Cetalipram and the extreme that I felt on Effexor has not been as bad, but I still can't get away from the aching and restlessness to the point of getting up in the middle of the night cuz I am miserable. It brings me to tears. I am tired and worn out. Has anyone got any suggetions?

Old 08-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Justoneofus HB User
Re: Restless Body Syndrome???

Sorry to hear. Do you have spine issues along with the RLS?

L5/S1 bulging @ 18, now 46; still there (but no pain)
Fusion at L4/L5 Apr -2006
Solidly Fused Nov-2006
A Success, but still improving!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i was going to ask pretty much the same thing?have you ever had any types of testing done at all like an MRI on your spine and also the brain?since this appears to be a 'whole body' issue it would probably be a good idea to take a look at the areas where a "whole body' problem could have arisen from,you know what i mean?the brain and spine,at least the upper spine would just two very good places to start looking for a possible trigger for this symptom you are feeling.this does sound more like some sort of actual neuro related problem and not so much 'just' RLS.you need a better Dx than whole body RLS,as this does sound like an actual symptom of something not an actual Dx in and of itself.good luck to you and please keep us posted on just what you find out,K?marcia

Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Have you had a study done to determine that you really have RLS? A sleep lab can diagnose that. I'm concerned about your pain. RLS is very annoying and frustrating, as it makes you feel an overwhelming need to get up and move, but it doesn't generally cause pain. You may have something else going on either instead of or along with the RLS.

Maybe you need to see a different doctor for another opinion.

I wish you the best,
Emily

Old 08-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
(female)

LifeLost HB User

Is it like an antsy feeling? When I get in to much pain, my body reacts by getting antsy, and I actaully can't control my flailing limbs. If I lower the pain it stops. No ones figured out why though.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User

Have you had your B-12 checked this sounds like a similar symptom possible. It can be very painful they say. I have a friend going through this right now. She was B-12 and iron deficient at the same time. It's justs a blood test worth a try many people have this. Good luck but check it out more than RLS. FLFLOWERGIRL

Closed Thread