It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
(female)

mel1985 HB User
burning soles of feet at night, restless during the day

Hi there,

Im wondering if any of you experience the hot, burning sensation that I get in my feet when I lie in bed???? when im sitting or resting they are just restless and 'jiggly' - but at night, they are chronically painful and burning (relieved by movement, of course!!!) I am sick of slathering my feet in aloe vera gel or blowing a fan at them or draping them in a wet flannel every night just to get to sleep. (Even in winter much to my partners disgust!) Im 22 and this has been gradually getting worse since I was 15. I am prone to spider veins and have quite a few for someone my age.
I have tried B5, Magnesium, Horsechestnut and Iron. I am not anaemic, or folate or b12 deficient. Taking supplements like Pre-dop (Mucuna and tyrosine) that increase dopamine make me sweaty and anxious. I havent tried any medications yet , but I am nearly at that point.
I have seen a neurologist and podiatrist both offered me no clues (They didnt even suggest RSL!!!???- useless). My FBC is normal.
Anyone else experience this 'burning' sensation???? Please help... or just to know Im not alone and freakish!! ~ lol.

Regards,
Melissa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: burning soles of feet at night, restless during the day

Hi Melissa,

I have been having burning feet for about 8 years now. I would have to put ice on them and when going to bed, the bottoms get really bad, I cannot cover them with blankets, have to leave them out of the covers, and in summer, my fan is on all night, so that helps, and the windows are open so I get a cool breeze and that helps, but it is enough to drive anyone nuts, trying to sleep is the worse time. I was finally after many, many doctors, diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The first neurologist put me on elavil, and believe me, it took all the pain and the burning of the feet completely away, but after a year it quit working, now I go to pain management, they have me on Lyrica and cymbalta, and flexeril. Lyrica is a nerve ending medication. It helps the fibromyalgia pretty good and does help the burning in the feet but not completely. I am thinking I have to live with this forever which is not a good thing.

Maybe you should see a neurologist, they can point you in the right direction..good luck and let us know how you are doing. And by the way, fibromyalgia does not care about age, so ask about that also. There is not a blood test for it, only eliminating everything else, and having numerous tender points.

Sunny

Last edited by 1sunny1; 10-26-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread