It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

nmazza HB User
Restless Body Sensations

I don't experience RLS, really. It's more like all over my body where I feel jittery, anxious and restless. I feel like I'm on some kind of speed. A nervous sensation where I feel like I need a glass of wine to relax my muscles. This symptom usually keeps me up for an hour or so and then when I'm too tired, I put myself to sleep, finally. Does anyone or has anyone ever mentioned this problem before? It's like being on caffiene and you can't relax the mind and muscle. It's very strange and although I have not felt this in some time, I know I have this symptom and was wondering what I can take or do to alleivate the stress and anxiety I'm feeling to get a better and more restful sleep. Thank you. Nina

Old 02-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
(female)

BH08 HB User
Re: Restless Body Sensations

I have rls symptoms when I am tired mostly. The more tired I am the worse it is but I don't want to take requip during the day because it makes me sleepy. I wish there was a way to alleviate the symptoms during the day because I find sometimes at work my body just wants to jerk around when I'm sitting at my desk and I have to stand to work on the computer. I don't know what causes it except just being tired and maybe the body is just saying take it easy but when I try to listen it just gets worse. I take requip usually 4 or 6 mg as early as I can before going to bed. If I take it too late I end up walking around in misery for an hour or so, but eventually it takes hold and I get to sleep. Good breathing helps...get a rhythym in your breathing when you lie down and all of a sudden everything works together and you are asleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

3080 HB User
Re: Restless Body Sensations

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmazza View Post
I don't experience RLS, really. It's more like all over my body where I feel jittery, anxious and restless. I feel like I'm on some kind of speed. A nervous sensation where I feel like I need a glass of wine to relax my muscles. This symptom usually keeps me up for an hour or so and then when I'm too tired, I put myself to sleep, finally. Does anyone or has anyone ever mentioned this problem before? It's like being on caffiene and you can't relax the mind and muscle. It's very strange and although I have not felt this in some time, I know I have this symptom and was wondering what I can take or do to alleivate the stress and anxiety I'm feeling to get a better and more restful sleep. Thank you. Nina
You know what. I am like this too. I always feel like I can't sit still. When I'm sitting in class, I move around at least 30 times before it let's out. It's like this for me. It's like I can never be comfortable with myself or be calm. I know exactly what you mean. You just wish that you were more calm, cool and collective, but instead you come off as an overly anxious nervous person? Am I right?

Closed Thread