It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

court45 HB User
weird feeling in my feet and legs when sitting still

why am i getting this weird feeling in my legs and feet, that make me have to move them or i will go crazy?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: weird feeling in my feet and legs when sitting still

It could be Restless Leg Syndrome. I was diagnosed during an overnight sleep study and take Requip, 1 mg about an hour before sleep. I think some other posters are much better with the details, so I wish you the best...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
(female)

dlindah HB User

Since I was 6 I had this, I am 44 now and my name for my feet sensations is , oh no my tweekie feet are starting again,,,, however, finding an artical years ago on restleg leg sydrome,,, knock me off my feet,,, they are the exact symptons,, and devoted to the last line of teh articale was the sentence that somepeople experiance this in ther feet. Ha HA I had my ansew. Being a lifer of restless feet I have come to know what things I do that set them off,, There were time back in the day that it was so bad I would get up and run them under burning hot water to ease the sensation,\ What triggers it for me ,,, overloaded of carbohydrates, surgers,,,,, also any kind of medicine taken at night such as over the counter cough stuff, it has lactose in it which will trigger,,, sleep aids,,, the biggest colprut is if my feet get cold. that will trigger a really rough bout,,,, start to be aware of what you ate the days that you have episodes and if your feet are cold,,,, stuff like that and you will know what will trigger a bad eposode , a livable eposode or no episode, I know icecream will torture me ,, sometimes i eat the icecream and can shot my self for giving in,,, good luck oh yeah - when mentioned to most doctors they always give me a questionable look,,, they don't dismiss it,, they mainly seem a little shocked and don't know how to react,,,, some say "oh yes very common:

Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Welcome to the boards dlinda!

I just want to mention that some people with certain bacterial infections have similar responses to the foods that you have...seems sugars and carbs feed the bacteria causing them to act up. Anti biotic treatment helps some people.

My guess you'd have unusual responses to alcohol also...perhaps the alcohol in the cough syrups sets your symptoms off, too.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 11-02-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by court45 View Post
why am i getting this weird feeling in my legs and feet, that make me have to move them or i will go crazy?
Welcome to the boards, Court45?

Are you taking meds for any other condition? Sometines the side effects can cause restless leg.

Do you have any other unrelated health conditions? If so, even if they don't seem related they may all tie together...I see you are from Wisconsin....Lyme's is always a possibility in WI if symptoms and conditions can't be "explained".

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 11-02-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Closed Thread