It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
(male)

roglie77 HB User
RLS and anxiety

hi,every now and again over the last 3 /4 years i get this hard to describe feeling that my legs can't relax and have kick out or move or stretch its hard to say if the feeling is in my bones or leg muscle but it seems to stem from a certain uncomfortable nervy feeling in my lower back and in the last month it comes with what feels like growing pain around the knee and hip joints usually my right leg but sometimes my left.This feeling will come only when my legs are supposed to be resting ie. passenger car seat,in a meeting room situation or when i go to bed.Now i don't always get this feeling in that it might happen a lot over a certain month and then it may disappear or happen a lot less another month.But when i do get this feeling im usually tired and restless or finding it hard to sleep.On reading some of the other threads i realise that my problem isin't that severe and that nobody else has said anything about getting pains around the joint areas. So firstly i would like anyone with
experience of RLS to give their opinion as to weather i do or do not have RLS or maybe its early stages.And if so any advice would be welcome,if not any other explainations would be welcome.
Also i've had anxiety problems for over a year now which have been my main concern and why i got on this site last october. Now that im gettin a handle on it, im turning some attention to what might be RLS.So if anybody has any info/tips on a connection between anxiety and RLS feel free.. as i would definately say that my anxiety and RLS are connected in that if i had high anxiety during a certain day that night when my anxiety had subsided i would be more likely to suffer what i think is RLS.
id like to add that im a leg hopper and ever now and again when watching t.v ect i will look at my feet and my toes will be completely turned up like tensed.So all along i was putting the uncomfrotable leg sensations down to leg tension from the anxiety it was only when i saw RLS on the other page that i remembered definately had those RLS sensations before i even knew what the word anxiety meant.
thats all thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User
Re: RLS and anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by roglie77 View Post
hi,every now and again over the last 3 /4 years i get this hard to describe feeling that my legs can't relax and have kick out or move or stretch its hard to say if the feeling is in my bones or leg muscle but it seems to stem from a certain uncomfortable nervy feeling in my lower back and in the last month it comes with what feels like growing pain around the knee and hip joints usually my right leg but sometimes my left.This feeling will come only when my legs are supposed to be resting ie. passenger car seat,in a meeting room situation or when i go to bed.Now i don't always get this feeling in that it might happen a lot over a certain month and then it may disappear or happen a lot less another month.But when i do get this feeling im usually tired and restless or finding it hard to sleep.On reading some of the other threads i realise that my problem isin't that severe and that nobody else has said anything about getting pains around the joint areas. So firstly i would like anyone with
experience of RLS to give their opinion as to weather i do or do not have RLS or maybe its early stages.And if so any advice would be welcome,if not any other explainations would be welcome.

I DON'T KNOW IF THEY KNOW WHAT CAUSES RLS. I'M SURE THERE ARE MANY THEORIES. BUT, YES, JUST AS I JUST FOUND OUT....LEG PAIN GOES ALONG WITH RLS. WHEN MY LEGS ARE HURTING..FROM THE HIP DOWN TO THE TOP OF MY ANKLES...IT GET AWFUL...I CANT SAY THAT THE JOINT HURTS ANYMORE THAN THE REST OF MY LEGS...BUT, I DO NOTICE THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AT THE TOP OF MY ANKLES RIGHT BETWEEN THE ANKLE BONES ON THE TOP OF MY FEET. SO, I GUESS THAT WOULD BE A JOINT. ALL I KNOW..IS THE PAIN ON A LEVEL OF 1-10 WHEN IT GETS IN FULL SWING....IS EASLY A 10. TO THE POINT OF TEARS. WHAT I FIGURED OUT....(I TAKE PAIN MEDS FOR MY BACK WHEN NEEDED) THAT THE PAIN MED STOPS THE RESTLESS LEGS. IN 20 MINUTES FROM TAKING ONE OR TWO...MY RLS STOPS. I DONT GET RLS EVERY NITE...I MAY GO MONTHS WITHOUT IT. BUT WHEN IT DOES....ITS WEEKS BEFORE IT STOPS...THE PAIN MED STOPS IT THAT NITE...AND I'VE TRIED IT ALL....NOTHING WORKED I JUST HAD TO RIDE IT OUT FOR A WEEK OR MORE. METALLY, I COULDNT KEEP GOING THRU THAT. BY THE END OF THE WEEK OR TWO...I WOULD BE A BASKET CASE. SO, FOR ME....I'M TAKING THE PAIN MEDS AND PUTTING IT TO REST.. RIGHT THEN. I HOPE YOU FIND RELIEF FOR YOURS SOOON.
Also i've had anxiety problems for over a year now which have been my main concern and why i got on this site last october. Now that im gettin a handle on it, im turning some attention to what might be RLS.So if anybody has any info/tips on a connection between anxiety and RLS feel free.. as i would definately say that my anxiety and RLS are connected in that if i had high anxiety during a certain day that night when my anxiety had subsided i would be more likely to suffer what i think is RLS.
id like to add that im a leg hopper and ever now and again when watching t.v ect i will look at my feet and my toes will be completely turned up like tensed.So all along i was putting the uncomfrotable leg sensations down to leg tension from the anxiety it was only when i saw RLS on the other page that i remembered definately had those RLS sensations before i even knew what the word anxiety meant.
thats all thanks

Closed Thread