It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User
Husband has RLS

I am posting for my hubby. He has restless leg and takes REQUIP. the problem is when he takes it he falls asleep....it is bad. He takes the pill, hits the couch and he is out .. This is happening everynight, and he sleeps soundly till i wake him up to go to bed. Is there anything else he can take for his RLS without falling asleep??? any comments will be so appreciated.thanks Bride527

Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Husband has RLS

Have you tried non prescription remedies before the requip?

Some of us found that meds were not the answer...but did find relief disco'ing offends medications that caused RLS as side effects, and improved our diets.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
(female)

sobs HB User

Hi bride!

Recent studies have shown that requip can cause RLS to become worse. My RLS got much worse. But, if he wants to stay on the requip, check the milligrams that he is taking. It starts as low as .25mg. He may want to try a lower dose.

As for medications, gabapentin (generic neurontin) has helped me. I had no sleepiness with it, until I had to increase my dose. But because I have such an extreme case of RLS, my dose is very high.

Narcotics are also an option, if you have a doctor who will prescribe them and/or thinks that your case is bad enough to warrant them.

Iron is supposed to help (not cure), as well as magnesium. Also, studies have shown that caffeine intake should be decreased if you suffer from RLS. With me, I stopped caffeine, and had no lessening of my symptoms, but everyone seems to be different.

Hope this helps your husband.

sobs

Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
(female)

guiderbarb HB User

I take requip and have for a while. It keeps my RLS in check. I wonder if falling asleep is a symptom that may go away? It can be difficult to find the right meds for you. Many RLS sufferers can't sleep so it may be a blessing in disguise.

Fellow RLS sufferer

Closed Thread