It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

restlessgrl HB User
What do you think, is this RLS?

My legs hurt and irritate me at night (they kind of have the pins and needles feeling. It is not extremely painful) and I move them voluntarily very quickly in short movements until they relax enough and I can sleep. I have never experienced them moving right as I wake up and no one has seen them move while I am asleep (though no one really looks specifically for that.) Is there any chance this could be restless leg syndrome? It is so mild that I'm thinking it probably isn't. Some nights I don't have to move my legs at all, but most nights I do.

Last edited by restlessgrl; 04-25-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #2
(male)

Dozyoff HB User
Re: What do you think, is this RLS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgrl View Post
My legs hurt and irritate me at night (they kind of have the pins and needles feeling. It is not extremely painful) and I move them voluntarily very quickly in short movements until they relax enough and I can sleep. I have never experienced them moving right as I wake up and no one has seen them move while I am asleep (though no one really looks specifically for that.) Is there any chance this could be restless leg syndrome? It is so mild that I'm thinking it probably isn't. Some nights I don't have to move my legs at all, but most nights I do.
I seriously doubt that you have RLS because RLS does not have any painful symptoms, nor do they hurt. It's rather and uneasy and unfomfortable feeling that originates from within your body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

I have the very same syptoms, but have not yet been dx with rls. However I want to clear one thing up. Of the things I have read rls "can be painful". Do as much research as possible and of course discuss your symptoms with you Dr.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
(female)

kathmadear HB User

I go to a dr and do have RLS and it is VERY painful at night, some nights much worse than others so that the only thing I can do is get in a hot bath to relieve it. From everything I've read, this is the case for many people.
For now, I am trying all remedies I've read on here, hoping something works.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
(male)

Dozyoff HB User

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathmadear View Post
I go to a dr and do have RLS and it is VERY painful at night, some nights much worse than others so that the only thing I can do is get in a hot bath to relieve it. From everything I've read, this is the case for many people.
For now, I am trying all remedies I've read on here, hoping something works.
From what I've read....most people don't have VERY painful sensations from RLS as you can clearly see from the survey done on this board. http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=693381 Btw, welcome to this board.

Sincerely,
Dozyoff

Closed Thread