It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

ohsoblue02 HB User
Does this sound like RLS?

I am 29 years old and for the past month or so I have been experiencing these weird sensations in my legs when I lie down at night to go to sleep. I can't really describe it other than this creeping kind of feeling that feels like it is coming from deep inside my legs and I get this overwhelming feeling like I have to MOVE my legs NOW (but my legs don't move involuntarily). It happens for maybe a half hour or so before I fall asleep and then a few times throughout the night. It is kind of at the point now where I get anxiety about going to bed because I am dreading getting the weird feeling in my legs. I have had trouble sleeping all of my life, and have a history of anxiety and clinical depression, but have never had this before. I am going to speak with my Dr. about it when I go in for my checkup this summer, but I guess I am just trying to figure out if what I am describing make sense. So I guess my questions are:
1) Does this sound like what anyone else has experienced?
2) Does RLS get worse over time? Right now what I am feeling is unpleasant but not necessarily debilitating, but I am afraid it might get worse
3) Is it typical to start experiencing symptoms so young?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or insights anyone may have!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
(male)

Dozyoff HB User
Re: Does this sound like RLS?

That is most definitely RLS, and the symptoms you've described are the most commons symptoms of RLS.

1) Does this sound like what anyone else has experienced? Yes indeed.
2) Does RLS get worse over time? Right now what I am feeling is unpleasant but not necessarily debilitating, but I am afraid it might get worse It MAY get worse depending on your age and your dietary intake and if left untreated.
3) Is it typical to start experiencing symptoms so young? It's not typical to start experiencing symptoms at a young age, but it's not likely because it can begin at any age.

Do you take medications? if so, then perhaps medications or withdrawal from meds can cause secondary RLS. Try exercising daily, meditation before sleeping and massaging the area where you're affected. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Dozyoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoblue02 View Post
I am 29 years old and for the past month or so I have been experiencing these weird sensations in my legs when I lie down at night to go to sleep. I can't really describe it other than this creeping kind of feeling that feels like it is coming from deep inside my legs and I get this overwhelming feeling like I have to MOVE my legs NOW (but my legs don't move involuntarily). It happens for maybe a half hour or so before I fall asleep and then a few times throughout the night. It is kind of at the point now where I get anxiety about going to bed because I am dreading getting the weird feeling in my legs. I have had trouble sleeping all of my life, and have a history of anxiety and clinical depression, but have never had this before. I am going to speak with my Dr. about it when I go in for my checkup this summer, but I guess I am just trying to figure out if what I am describing make sense. So I guess my questions are:
1) Does this sound like what anyone else has experienced?
2) Does RLS get worse over time? Right now what I am feeling is unpleasant but not necessarily debilitating, but I am afraid it might get worse
3) Is it typical to start experiencing symptoms so young?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or insights anyone may have!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread