It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
(male)

Mark586 HB User
would this be considered RLS?

whenever i sleep or sitting down my right or left leg always shake, almost all of the time i dont even notice it and people tell me to stop shaking my leg, it mostly happens when i sleep, im also typing this right now and i noticed my left leg shaking again, don't know if this is one of the symptoms of it.

thanks.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
(female)

Stardazed HB User
Re: would this be considered RLS?

To tell you the truth, as I am typing this, my right leg is jumping up and down too. I don't think it's RLS though, I think it's a bad habit. People tell me to quit too, but I can't and I don't even know I am doing it most of the time. RLS is not just your legs, it's your whole body, and it's kind of hard to explain. I only get it when I have withdrawal symptoms from opiates, it sort of feels like you want to crawl out of your skin, you can't be still, but when you get up to walk around, you just want to go back in bed and then up again and down, up again and down...........continuously. /And the restlessness is "inside" your body and in all your muscles...

I have noticed my leg shaking more since I started taking Abilify which is an add-on therapy to anti-depressives, but since it's the only side effect and it seems to be helping, I don't want to stop taking it.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Stardazed; 08-03-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: would this be considered RLS?

Mark,

RLS is diagnosed typically, during a sleep study. Treatment for RLS is available in the form of medication, and in my case, it is very effective. I suggest you address your concerns with your doctor, who can lead you to the correct diagnosis.

Withdrawal from opiates is a completely different issue.

I wish you well...

Last edited by writeleft; 08-03-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Closed Thread