It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

montesflus HB Usermontesflus HB User
Tightness in Calf Muscle

I'm not sure if this is the correct board to be posting this, but I'll try:

I walk a couple of miles on an almost daily basis. I am very fit and am not on any prescription meds, just calcium supplements and vit.d. Recently I've had some leg cramps (usually at night). Rather painful, lasts about a minute or so, then goes away. I've also noticed a sort of ''tight'' kind of feeling in my calf muscles. It's not painful like a cramp is, just a ''tight'' feeling as if I was wearing an elastic-topped sock. But I'm not wearing socks now as it's the middle of summer. I've checked out my legs and there's no sign of swelling or anything like that. Could it just be a result of perhaps overdoing my work-outs?

Thanks for any input.

Monte

Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Tightness in Calf Muscle

Hi Monte,

RLS typically presents with a creepy crawly feeling in the legs, that makes you feel the need to kick, or move them in a restless manner when you are trying to relax, and go to sleep. They make you need to move, and can be very disruptive during the night time hours.

I feel my RLS as a uncontrollable thing, rather than something in my muscles. RLS is based in the brain, and should not be affected by excessive exersize, like sore muscles could.

Mine is relieved with medication, which is Requip, and I use a high dosage of 2 mg. My RLS was brought on by strokes, but I do not know the most typical causes of RLS. Hopefully some of our other's can offer you some more information...Best to you!

Last edited by writeleft; 08-08-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

montesflus HB Usermontesflus HB User

Thank you, writeleft.

I posted on the ''Exercise'' board too, so maybe I'll get some input there. Thanks again, hoping you feel better.

Monte

Old 08-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Monte,

Oh, I am certainly not an expert, only have my own experience to go on. I do know individuals have different symptoms. I imagine you will get others who will give you their different experiences here too.

Thank you for your concern, but I am feeling great, happy to wake up each day, and enjoy the little things that matter the most!

Closed Thread