It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
(male)

pjs009 HB User
Requip (Ropinirole) - Question about side effects.

Hello,

I've had RLS on and off for several years, however for the last 5 months the symptoms have intensified.

I had some questions about Requip, especially for those who have been on it for several years.

Have you noticed any side-effects - dyskinesia, GIT, emotional-mental? Is there a withdrawal period? Did you need to keep upping the dose, or did it become addictive?

Are there any alternatives (besides Opiates/pain releivers) anyone has found useful? Ben-Gay etc.

Thanks so much, I appreciate any help you can give me.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
(female)

jwood HB User
Re: Requip (Ropinirole) - Question about side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs009 View Post
Hello,

I've had RLS on and off for several years, however for the last 5 months the symptoms have intensified.

I had some questions about Requip, especially for those who have been on it for several years.

Have you noticed any side-effects - dyskinesia, GIT, emotional-mental? Is there a withdrawal period? Did you need to keep upping the dose, or did it become addictive?

Are there any alternatives (besides Opiates/pain releivers) anyone has found useful? Ben-Gay etc.

Thanks so much, I appreciate any help you can give me.
I was on Requip and it did work well, but the dosage had to be increased after a few months. Then I had trouble with my vision. Doctor switched me to neurontin instead. Vision got better. Neurontin does ok, but not as well as the requip did at night. I prefer my vision.

Hope you get well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

Moonrize HB User
Re: Requip (Ropinirole) - Question about side effects.

I've been taking requip for about 6 months now and it works great! I started at .25 mg and am now up to .5 and it seems to be doing the trick.I had very mild nausea in the morning but it soon stopped and I have zero side effects...

Closed Thread