It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sillygrl HB UserSillygrl HB User
Is this Restless Leg?

My bf does this really weird thing with his legs and feet when he sleeps. He shakes and moves them all around and then he flexes his feet up. It drives me batty when he does this, because it shakes the whole bed. He has also scratched me with his claws when he does this flexing thing. I will tell him to stop moving and many times he is in deep sleep when it happens and he has no idea he is doing it. He has also noticed himself doing it, so I am not sure if the movements are centered around deep sleep. He has also said that recently he has had really active dreams that he "acts out". The only moving I notice him doing is the constant leg shaking. We are getting a bigger bed very soon, because I have noticed this restless leg thing has really disrupted our sleep. Does this sound like restless leg syndrome? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
(female)

cerajoan HB Usercerajoan HB User
Re: Is this Restless Leg?

Could be, but RLS is usually also experienced when the person is awake and can be quite tormenting. He could have something called Periodic Movement Limb Disorder (PMLD) which is jumping of the legs and usually occurs during sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Sillygrl HB UserSillygrl HB User

Thanks for the response. After reading some of the other posts it seemed like a lot people cannot sit still during waking hours. This is most def not my bf's problem; he can sit for hours at his computer. This only happens at night. I will look into PMLD. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
(female)

cerajoan HB Usercerajoan HB User

Oops! It's Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD), not PMLD! Sorry

Closed Thread