It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
(female)

rawNut42 HB User
RLS and Vegans/Raw Foodist/Vegetarians

So, a few days ago I started a cleanse/detox/raw food diet. I'm eating veggies, fruits, nuts, 2 cups brown rice, and 2 eggs a day. Obviously my body is detoxing from refined sugar, processed foods, and chemicals that I usually get (even thought I generally do eat pretty healthy)

Anyway, just yesterday I began feeling this weird icky feeling in my legs when I was sleeping. It was keeping me up and when I woke up I realized it was still hurting. Kind of sore, weak, pins and needles, and I couldn't stretch down and touch my toes (like usual) Everything feels tight and weird...ugh it is so horrible!

All day long I've been dealing with this and the only thing that helps is moving my legs, its almost like an itch I have to scratch except it really hurts. The pain level is probably only like a 1 or 2 or something, but its been pretty constant so its driving me nuts. From what I read it 100% sounds like restless leg syndrome which is so weird to me because I'm only 25 and I'm generally very active.

Wondering if it has something to do with the detox or maybe vitamin deficiency? I'm not eating any salt, processed sugar, chemicals, dairy, meat, spices, processed foods etc...I'm eating whole foods, but maybe I need more of something? Anyone experience this?

Its driving me nuts and its really hurting I just want my legs back. ugh.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
you are not alone Vegetarians,non-meat eaters,Vegans,Etc cherish975 Weight Loss 12 03-15-2007 11:11 AM
Help Vegetarians Menus, Suggestions,changing over,Started again,Etc. Candy777 Weight Loss 8 10-12-2005 10:05 AM
How can I raise my children as vegetarians? veggigoddess Parenting Issues 24 05-28-2005 06:57 PM
finally research info on vegetarians/different types!! candyapple7 Weight Loss 1 09-23-2004 06:19 PM
Any vegetarians out there? baby_bytes Diet & Nutrition 11 05-25-2004 09:19 AM