It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
(female)

msjj HB User
Lightbulb swelling in my ankles and feet ?

[SIZE="2"]I work 5days a week and on those days , I work 9-11 hours a day and am on my feet 7-8 hours of each of those days.I am now experiencing swollen ankles & feet , is this to be expected and what can i do about the swelling. Thank You [/SIZE]

Old 05-12-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
(female)

Matchfoot HB User
Re: swelling in my ankles and feet ?

Fluid retention can be caused by high-salt diet, gout,diabetes,kidney disease, cardiac disease ,,,,,Could you describe further? Some days I'm a bit slow. Anybody else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
(male)

colrik HB User

I am experiencing the swollen ankles and feet and currently being run through the gambit. Yesterday I had an ultrasound to check for a blood clot, which was negative. Diabetes has been ruled out as have gout and congestive heart failure. I do have neuropathy in both legs, but my doctor says that would not cause the degree of swelling that I currently have. So, I am still looking for answers just like you. Good luck!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
(female)

TanyaZoe HB User

I have the same problem feet, ankles and legs swelling. Also a few other problems with the digestive system. I now use a detox foot spa and its working really great on all my problems. Even Restless legs.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
(female)

ktct HB User

I also have edema in my legs, I have what is called pitting edema because it will leave indents if I push on it. I've been doing a few different things to try and combat it, and I'm a lot more successful than I used to be with just taking Lasix. When I would take the water pills my kidneys would really start to ping at me and the last thing I want to do is give myself kidney problems when my doctor said that for me that has nothing to do with my problem. I just have a reaction to the chemicals and salts in foods and the more I stand on my feet, with gravity, the worse they get.

So what I've done is I've tried not to add additional salt to my diet, and buy low-salt whenever possible, I drink more water (which is good to flush the system). I've been drinking a new juice for my joints that seems to have done wonders for the rest of me as well, and my water retention has been much better since I started with that... but that's probably because it is a health juice and it has a lot of nutrients I don't think I normally get in my multivitamins and foods.

I've tried the constrictive stockings... to me they just hurt and don't seem to really work.

Good luck!
KT

Closed Thread