It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

hunterem HB User
rsl, fybromyalgia and rsd

I have had rls for about 27 years and has worsened over the last 10 years, was diagnosed with fybromyalgia in 2008, and just had shoulder surgery this past june 2010 and just diagnosed with rsd. Can you tell me if they could be related somehow?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User
Re: rsl, fybromyalgia and rsd

hello not to sound stupid but if you mean restless leg syndrome rls thats a good question I have restless leg and so does my mother I was dx with rsd in april after foot surgery in december, I wonder if there's a link?
Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
(female)

hunterem HB User

hi yes i was talking about restless leg syndrome was what i was talking about along with the other crazy problems that i have.. do you have the same problems as i do? please tell me if you do. thanks for replying

Old 08-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
(female)

sealy52 HB User

I have restless leg sydrome,and Fibromyalgia.I think it is from Fibromalgia.
And you can have restless leg from a lot of different things.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User

Hi well i dont have fibromyalgia. I had rls before I had my foot surgery, I had a mortons neuroma removed from between my second and third toes on left foot. From the surgery I got rsd, The rsd causes all kinds of weird things for me. burning pain, stabbing pain, sometimes it feels like my skin is splitting open my muscles will twitch, I get swelling and the red purple color changes sometimes it feels like something is under my skin crushing my bones, the oddest though is sometimes it feels like I have spilled water on my foot, and even though this has happened several times I still check my foot and nope no water? I dont know much about fibro but I feel very bad that you are suffering from two horrible chronic pain conditions. wishing you pain free days and nights
Kelly

Old 08-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
(female)

hunterem HB User

hi, thanks for the reply.. and the sympathy. sorry to hear you have the same things as i do except the fybro. i really don't know what to expect from the rsd as of yet it is really early but i am not liking what i see and to what is happening to my arm and hand, physio is like torture and the doc who did my shoulder surgery just diagnosed me with the rsd and wants me to go to pain management clinic. i just know it is ugly and very swollen and my fingers are stiff and very painfull to touch, sometimes i just want to crawl in a hole. anyway we will see i have a very supportive husband and two daughters, they really help me with things i can no longer do. i hope anyone with this desease can overcome the pain and agony. thanks for the support

Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
(male)

swoopmj HB User

Restless leg syndrome is a neurological condition and may be due to a lack of dopamine. I am a sufferer and have had a good result from being prescribed sinemet which is basically the drug used in Parkinsons Disease. The only side effect I have had has been occasional vivid dreams and minor changes to thought processes at night. The symptoms of sleep deprivation and the distressing sensations, not only in the legs but sometimes in the arms is a major problem and sleep deprivation has been linked to heart disease. I now enjoy a good nites sleep. There are probably other causes of RLS and magnesium supplements may also help.I personally believe it is good to take a medication holiday from time to time and I have found that it helps to keep the treatment effective. I dont know why but my RLS has been worse in summer when its warmer.

Closed Thread