It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
(male)

majoraward HB User
Meds Not Working Anymore & All Day

I have had severe RLS for 10 years and have been on mirapex and Neurontin and then suddenly about 2 months ago I found that instead of taking it at a few hours before bed that I had to take it earlier and earlier. I had already taken 1 mirapex for years at around 10am, because even during the day it would bother me a bit.

Now I have it severe between about 3pm and midnight and last night I went to bed at 10pm because the doc had me start taking all my meds at 3pm to try to fix this. I got up at 1am with RLS that went away about 4am. Now I have it again at 9am.

In other words the only time I don't have it now is between 4am and 9am. I don't know what to do. The doc mentioned that he was afraid that the mirapex might be CAUSING RLS. How could that be? It has helped me for 10 years.

I'm taking 4 mirapex now and 6 neurontin a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

bjwendy HB User
Re: Meds Not Working Anymore & All Day

I have had rls for about 20 yrs. I was having same problem as you, rls all during the day and worse of an evening. I, on my own decided instead of taking my 4 mg. of requip a few hrs before bedtime I take 1 mg breakfast, 1 mg. lunch, 1 mg. supper, and 1 mg. before bed. Thank God that has so far stopped my rls problem.RLS can devistate your life and make you miserable. Always worn out next day from no rest. I don't know if these will help you or not, but it is worth a try. My sympathy goes out to you because no one understands rls unless they have it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
(male)

majoraward HB User
Re: Meds Not Working Anymore & All Day

Thanks for the info. I might just try to do that with my meds. Yes, unless you have it it is difficult to understand the misery of rls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwendy View Post
I have had rls for about 20 yrs. I was having same problem as you, rls all during the day and worse of an evening. I, on my own decided instead of taking my 4 mg. of requip a few hrs before bedtime I take 1 mg breakfast, 1 mg. lunch, 1 mg. supper, and 1 mg. before bed. Thank God that has so far stopped my rls problem.RLS can devistate your life and make you miserable. Always worn out next day from no rest. I don't know if these will help you or not, but it is worth a try. My sympathy goes out to you because no one understands rls unless they have it

The Following User Says Thank You to majoraward For This Useful Post:
The Beckster (01-16-2011)
Closed Thread