It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #16
(male)

Mikeh66 HB UserMikeh66 HB User
Re: Please help, losing my mind with RLS !

I am on methadone for back problems, but a fantastic side effect is that I do not have
RLS while on the pills.

I took one day off and wham........... rls came back with a vengence.

Maybe your Dr can give you a script to try............... best of luck and Prayer MikeH66

Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
(male)

Mikeh66 HB UserMikeh66 HB User

I can relate very well to your situation. I wont go into a long story of how I got there, but I am on 90mg/day of methadone and have completely relieved my RLS.

Good luck and God bless you

Mikeh66

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #18
(male)

juanalf HB User

good day

i hope this will help you and a lot of other people, there is a lot of options but only relieve for me is a massage. so after many years of trying things and finding the cause of this terrible feeling I came to the conclusion that it is coming from my lower back and ( bums ) muscles. so what i do is I lay on my back and make a fist with both my hands and place my fists under my lower back , knuckles on those thick side muscle and put a lot of pressure on them, if it hurts then keep the pressure there for a short while ( don`t hurt your self ) and the same for the muscles in your bum, you will feel where the best relief is coming from and you will sleep like a baby. i think it is tension in your muscles that put a lot of pressure on your spine
good luck
juan

Old 11-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
(female)

jtopie HB User

I've been suffering from RLS for years and it has gotten progressively worse as I got older. I had tried everything out there with minimum results. Until last month I was on Requip and it would help for a couple of hours but I would still wake up and have to walk or just wait out the couple of hours until I could fall asleep from exhaustion. I was like many of you and had haunted the forums for something that would help. I've tried the soap, massage, whatever I could find. Some would work for a short time, but nothing permanently (and my husband has enough Irish Spring to last him forever!)Finally, last month my doctor and I decided I should try Neupro, the patch. It had been on the market a few years ago but was pulled for problems with crystalization. It came back on the market this year. I'm on Medicare and had to get pre-authorization for it, but started on it about a month ago. You start at 1MG, then after a week can move to 2 and then if needed, move to 3 mg. I started at the 1 and had no side effects, which I had had with all the other things I'd tried. I had some good nights and felt it was working but not completely and I had crazy dreams, so moved on to 2MG. I had forgotten what it felt to get a complete night's sleep as I hadn't had that for years as I'm sure many of you can relate to. Until I'm stablilized, I'm using two 1 MG patches, but once we are sure I don't need to move to the 3 MG, the doctor can prescribe the 2 MG patch. I've had absolutely NO side effects and actually am starting to look forward to going to bed at night! I hope any of you who try this have the same great results I'm having! I will keep you informed as things progress, but didn't want to wait in case I could give someone else hope! Please let me know if it works for you.

Last edited by jtopie; 11-03-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: should have proofed better.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #20
(female)

terimary HB User

Do you have any problems keeping the patch on? Mine fall of nearly every day.

Reply Reply