It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2001, 06:18 AM   #1

cpvon HB User
Post Restless ARMS syndrome?

Hi everyone, I'm really worried. I'm hoping there is such a thing as restless arm syndrome too! My left arm feels like it is "going numb" and I want to move it around all the time, just like restless legs feels! I also have a slight twitching at times in the fingers! I am terrified I might be getting Parkinson's and I'm only 48!!! (female). Can xanax cause this?? I'm taking it. Any advice anyone can give is greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Old 05-06-2001, 07:26 AM   #2
Veteran

buck58 HB User
CP, I have RLS, but fortunatly, It has stayed in my legs! But, I have also heard that It is not uncommon for it to move into your arms. Try one of the standard meds for RLS and see if it helps. There are several meds out there for RLS, ask your doc for one. Hope this helps. See ya, buck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2001, 10:07 PM   #3

SuzyB HB User
Talking

Hi,
If I take an anehistamine, like Benadryl, then I will get severe RLS symptoms. I get it in my arms, back and legs. But other anehistsamines like Allegra do not bother me at all. So if you are taking these meds that may be affecting you.
I also take Xanax and I have noticed that sometimes when I take half a dose I do get RLS symptoms but when I take my regular dose I go right to sleep and sleep thru the night.
Keep us informed on your progress and try not to worry about Parkinsons.

Old 06-18-2001, 10:20 AM   #4

Baglady HB User
Smile

It's okay CP, restless arms are part and parcel of RLS/RLMD for many of us. In my case, when 'breakthrough' occurs (RLS type movement during the day) it frequently manifests in what my daughter refers to as 'Mom's hand flicks'. At night, before sleep, the hand and arm movements are even more noticable than the foot/leg movements. However, once they found the correct course of medication (for me), I have not had any more trouble with that, and have ceased buying things I didn't want at auctions.

Closed Thread