It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
(female)

Seabreezes22 HB User
Anyone tried air compression leg massagers? RLS due to poor circulation.

My husband suffers with RLS and he is desperate (and quite cranky, as he gets so little sleep because of the RLS).

We were wondering if the air compression leg massagers would help the symptoms of RLS (the kind they strap on you in the hospital after surgery to increase circulation)? We're fairly sure that his RLS is the result of poor circulation. His mother has the same issue, so much so that her legs have a purple cast to them (they've been that way for over 20 years).

The other idea we had was to invest in an inversion table. This would be the latter preference, of course, as these tables are quite expensive.

Anyway, I was wondering is anyone found relief from either the compression massagers or inversion tables.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Seabreezes22; 12-30-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Anyone tried air compression leg massagers? RLS due to poor circulation.

I was so desperate with RLS I found a pair of MAST pants, that blow up with a foot pump, previously used for shock in emergencies. Many of the fire departments and ambulance companies have them sitting on back shelves not being used. I tried that when it got terrible, and 15 minutes with my legs compressed worked like a charm. These compress the entire leg and abdomen. I would ask Dr 1st if he could try them, and check BP while in them as BP could go up with compression. As soon as I got out of them the RLS was gone and I could sleep. You might be able to round up a pair locally. I keep mine at my bedside for desperate nights. It takes 2 to get in and out of them, but worth it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread