It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #1

little rose HB User
Post leg pain from nerve damage

I had back surgery with fusion 10 years ago to correct spondylolythesis. After surgery I thought I would be pain free. To date, after being treated by a neurologist, I am still coping with numbess, pin like stabbing in both legs and severe pain on the top of my feet. At night, my toes are that painful that sometimes I can't stand the sheets to touch my feet. I have been put on different meds and have been taking Klonopin for several years. Was on pain meds for 4 years after surgery just a night to help with pain and sleep, but no more pain meds. Does anyone have the same problem or any suggestions for me? When I do lay down or even just sitting, the nerves in my legs have a spasm and jump. I am like a human jumping bean in my legs. Any Suggestion Welcome!!!

Old 03-04-2003, 06:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

GinaLee HB User
Arrow

My limited knowledge tells me you have symptoms consistent with Peripheral Neuropathy. I have the same feelings but only on my right leg and foot which apparently dismisses me from Peripheral Neuro but I figure I must have some sort of the Neuropathy syndromes out there... just not sure which one.
------------------
Gina

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 03-06-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
My leg problems were thought to be nerve damage
but also seem to be associated with a Colon problem.
I'm getting treatment for the Colon problem and those meds, which are anti spasmodics, help the leg pain.
I was also given the smallest doses made of both Elavil and Prozac specifically for what my doctors felt was nerve pain.
Things have calmed down considerably. Still have bad and good days and I'm seeing a Neurologist this week
kat

Old 04-16-2003, 01:56 PM   #4

Lev HB User
A fellow employee at my job has similar issues and found that the only thing that helps is sleep aids and muscle relaxants. Sort of the knockout approach...

[This message has been edited by Lev (edited 04-16-2003).]

Old 05-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
Rose -

Have you thought about asking your doctor to prescribe you either Neurontin or Topomax? Check rxlist.com to see what they do.

jdog

Old 05-15-2003, 04:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Neurotin is good I have been on it for 2 years. Zanaflex is great for my legs and helps me get some sleep.

cattys

Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
(female)

always2005 HB User
Re: leg pain from nerve damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by little rose View Post
I had back surgery with fusion 10 years ago to correct spondylolythesis. After surgery I thought I would be pain free. To date, after being treated by a neurologist, I am still coping with numbess, pin like stabbing in both legs and severe pain on the top of my feet. At night, my toes are that painful that sometimes I can't stand the sheets to touch my feet. I have been put on different meds and have been taking Klonopin for several years. Was on pain meds for 4 years after surgery just a night to help with pain and sleep, but no more pain meds. Does anyone have the same problem or any suggestions for me? When I do lay down or even just sitting, the nerves in my legs have a spasm and jump. I am like a human jumping bean in my legs. Any Suggestion Welcome!!!
I am coping with those same symptoms. I have been going to the doctor for three years with no luck. I am on cymbalta now. No Luck!!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
(female)

always2005 HB User
Angry Re: leg pain from nerve damage

I pray that you can find relief for your pain. i also have pain in the legs but have not found a cause

Closed Thread