It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2003, 09:38 PM   #1

donna_luke HB User
Talking Chocolate

I hope this is not too long but I thought to share my experience.

I do NOT feel creepy crawly in my legs; however they ache like $%&!

I had numerous tests just to be sure that I did not have blood flow problems ... I also wanted to get pregnant so I had just about every test in the book done to be sure that I was healthy. All they could come up with was that I had RLS.

I have found that if I could just get to sleep that I would be OK. It was like if I could just get a few minutes of REM sleep in, I would be OK. The problem was to get to sleep. I have found that Orudus 12.5 mg works great (over the counter). All Orudus is is Ketoprophin, which is an anti-inflammatory. I like it so much because it kind of knocks me out. I get a fabulous nights sleep and am not groggy in the morning at all.

I also have seen so much about iron deficiency and RLS. I have thalessemia (a Mediterranean blood disease) that shows up on a test to be iron deficiency but is really a folic acid deficiency. I often wondered if those with RLS also had thalessemia or vice versa. I take extra folic acid and that really doesnít seem to matter much as far as the RLS.

INTERESTING enough, my husband briefly read an article about Copper and said that I may not have the enzyme to digest or process copper properly and that may be a contributor or the RLS. Well I didnít think much of it until I looked on the web and found that chocolate has copper. I donít eat chocolate too much and have a pretty mild case of RLS but man oh man Ė I have noticed the past few times that I had a candy bar during the day I feel like my legs are going to drive me crazy at night.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I think the copper is worth looking into. Other foods that have copper are carrots and vegtables that we eat on a regular basis.

I would love some feedback!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread