It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 11:28 PM   #1

Patacake HB User
Post TONIC WATER FOR RESTLESS LEGS

A glass of tonic water before bedtime has completely cured my problems with restless legs. Even if I don't take it and wake in the night, then I take a small glass at that time and ............. sleep! Has anyone else found this?

Old 10-10-2003, 08:56 PM   #2

Sneakers HB User
I haven't tried it, but I'm heading out to the store tomorrow to pick up some tonic water.

Now, I just have to figure out how to drink it Don't care too much for it. Thanks for the hint!

Sneakers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2003, 01:01 PM   #3

MargieRuth HB User
Oh, boy, I'll try it too. Can't wait to get some! Had a terrible night last night. Maggie

Old 10-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #4

Patacake HB User
I really DO hope that it works for you. Please let me know whether it does or it doesn't. Would be so interesting. I have not had a bad night for ages now....... and if I do wake in the night (I keep a glasss of tonic water beside my bed) I drink some tonic water and I have no further problems.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:46 AM   #5

MargieRuth HB User
Hi - the other night I was sitting in my lounger and my legs started getting restless for no apparent reason (usually happens in bed) Took a glass of tonic water and it worked!! The real test will be when I get so restless in bed, I don't know what to do with myself. Thanks for the suggestion. Maggie

Old 10-20-2003, 02:03 PM   #6

packerbacker HB User
Cool

Hello- Tonic water is definately useful fro RLS. I have had it for years, it's hereditary. If you can't quite down it b/c of the taste, you can take it in supplement form. Products like Legatrim and supplements that contain Quinine are helpful also. Quinine is the active ingredient in tonic water(which I drink plain-I love the bitterness-I'm weird, I know). The only thing is if you suffer from water retention-avoid the water b/c of it's retention qualities. I've been reading about this for years and have come upon some strange remedies. Quinine is all natural-so drink away!!

Old 10-20-2003, 02:26 PM   #7

Patacake131 HB User
This is Patacake (couldn't get in on my former ID for some reason). But, I am pleased to hear that the tonic water worked (I love tonic water so it's not a problem for me). I actually heard about his by looking on the net and tried it out. Interesting to hear that you can get the quinine in other forms.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:17 PM   #8
(female)

BatesMillr HB User
I tried tonic water the other night and I swear it made it worse? Then while searching another site I saw it listed as something that "aggravates" RLS??? I'm glad it's helping some of you.

Old 11-05-2003, 10:36 PM   #9

deeb HB User
I haven't heard about the tonic water, but my friend and I both have RLS and she swears by Vanilla Ice cream before bed cures her and she has RLS real bad. She gained 5 lbs though eating ice cream every night.

For me, I joined a Jazzercise class and go 2-3 times a week and take a prescription vitamin and I haven't had any symptoms in a long time.

Old 11-06-2003, 09:50 AM   #10

Mersea HB User
"I joined a Jazzercise class and go 2-3 times a week and take a prescription vitamin and I haven't had any symptoms in a long time."

Do you take the exercize early in the day?

Also, what Rx vitamins do you take? I read that there are some vitamins and calcium w magnesium that works, too.

Closed Thread