It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 08:00 PM   #16

Silverspur HB User
This may be of interest to some of you. I had restless legs for over a year and finally got so bad I wanted to just get away from it and could not go to sleep. I stopped taking Vitamin E 800 IU I had been on since 1986 and in 3 days my legs were almost clear and in a week there was no sign of restless legs. It has been 3 weeks and it has not returned. Do not know if I found the problem to be a build up of too much Vitamin E or not. At least I am enjoying relief at this time.

Please check all medications and vitamins you take and see if you find a connection.

Old 11-11-2003, 11:20 AM   #17

kimothy HB User
Talking

Hello I am new to this site but I have stretchy feeling in my arms and legs both when I sleep and am in a car or sitting still. It doesn't hurt just very annoying and keeps me up at night. Does anyone think that's what it is? It just feels like I need to be stretched from one end of the room to the other. Please let me know what to do
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2003, 02:20 AM   #18

clhilsabeck HB User
Angry arm & leg restlessness

Hi~ You know this is driving me crazy also. I keep having problems falling asleep because I have this in my left arm and left leg. My husband goes crazy with me cause he can't get any sleep. I need to look this up and find out more information. I don't know how much more I can deal with this. If you know anymore since you wrote I would love to hear from you.

Cari
[email]clhilsabeck@msn.com[/email]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGinDallas
I'm not sure if my condition is in the same category as restless leg syndrome, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had something similar happen.

Lately when I'm laying in bed my right arm feels strange. It's not painful or anything. The best way I can describe it is that I'm just aware of it, I can feel it there. I can't feel any other part of my body except that arm. If I let it sit too long I feel like I have to move it, flex it, anything to get rid of that irritating feeling. A lot of times I can get up and play on the computer or read or something and go back to bed 30 minutes or an hour later and it'll be better. Sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes it does.

Any idea on what this is? Any response would be appreciated.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Old 11-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #19

clhilsabeck HB User
Wink I know what you mean!

You know I just got done posting the same kind of msg. I have the same darn thing. When we go on trips we have to make several stops cause of this thing. I would love to hear from you and see what you do about it when it hits.

Cari
[email]clhilsabeck@msn.com[/email]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimothy
Hello I am new to this site but I have stretchy feeling in my arms and legs both when I sleep and am in a car or sitting still. It doesn't hurt just very annoying and keeps me up at night. Does anyone think that's what it is? It just feels like I need to be stretched from one end of the room to the other. Please let me know what to do
Thanks

Old 01-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #20

kbamb HB User
Re: Restless arm syndrome?

Hi, I have the exact same problem and tomorrow I have an appointment with a neurologist. You are right, it is not painful but just irritating enough to keep you awake (I haven't slept in three nights because of it). People think I am strange when I explain it to them. I've done some research and it looks like it is Golfer's Elbow (I've never golfed in my life). I will let you know what my doctor says but it appears to be nerve related.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #21

kbamb HB User
Re: I know what you mean!

kimothy...a stretchy feeling? That is a great way to describe it. The feeling doesn't go away until I completely flex my arm or pick something up that is really heavy. I've even resorted to picking up my boyfriends 10 pound weights in the middle of the night to make it go away.

Kathy

Old 01-12-2004, 08:35 PM   #22

thisgirl HB User

my boyfriend has the same type of problem at night, it sounds just like RLS, except it's only in his arm, he has never felt it in his legs or other arm. sometimes it bothers him so much that he's practically in tears because all he wants to do is sleep. we've figured out caffeine triggers his specific problem, so he tries to remember to avoid caffeine from evening to night time and he's ok.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:04 PM   #23

Grace3 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Restless arm syndrome?

I know exactly what you're talking about. It happend to me just last night. I've always had this strange feeling in my foot, and I'm afraid it's slowing spreading to my arm.
This is my first time looking into this syndrome....I'm just recently finding out that there's an actual name for this weird feeling I've been dealing with. I didn't know other people felt this too!

Old 08-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #24
(female)

aaronon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpangle
I am not sure what I have is RLS. It sounds very similar to what is described here. I have had the condition since very young. My brother also has it. I would frequently have a uncomfortable sensation around my lower rib cage and collar bones, sometimes in my arms. It feels like something is crawling inside, or as if someone was tickling me. cannot sit still. sometimes I have troule sleeping.
Does anyone have similar experience? any information is appreciated.
I have this all the time, day and night. Sometimes it feels like there is some huge earthworm crawling just below my skin. It happens everywhere too. I also get the, what I refer to as, pin *****s....except they are more like nails. Those are fun too. I get those all the time also.

aaronon

Old 09-05-2004, 08:58 AM   #25

llcoolj HB User

I have restless arm syndrome and occasionally restless leg syndrome. The arm symptoms usually occur right before falling asleep, or even wake me up from a sound sleep. The leg symptoms usually occur after sitting too long. I find that muscle strain and/or "getting the blood moving" helps the most. When I have arm symptoms the best thing is to get out of bed and do pushups. Enough strain on the arms for a long enough period of time usually makes the symptoms go away. For legs, running or even just walking around helps. I find the symptoms usually occur if I have not gotten enough exercise that day or previous days.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:48 AM   #26

FibroJerry HB User

I, too, was experiencing this very uncomfortable sensation in my arm (the right only) last night as I kept tossing & turning, unable to get any sleep of any sort.
After several hours, I came to the computer and located this board. Lo & Behold, I am not the only one with an arm of its own mind!!!
Initially, I went back to bed when I thought that I could handle the discomfort. That didn't last. Recalling that one of you said a cold floor was of benefit, I chose to use an icepack. That didn't work either.
I DID finally think of something that worked so well that I was able to finally get several hours of sleep. Since I have fibromyalgia and the pain is primarily located in the shoulders and arms, I had used a TENS unit quite often while I was still doing physical therapy. I found one of the two units that I have, put it on, set it to a low pulse and was asleep in about 45 minutes!
I don't know if this would work for RLS, but I would give it a try on both the arms and the legs. It can't hurt to try. If you don't already have a TENS unit, they can be purchased online for as little as $25 and as much as $500. I paid $45 each for the two that I have.
Thank you for alerting me to what it was I experienced last night.... and thank you for letting me share my corrective procedures to address that experience!
Jerry

Old 09-14-2004, 11:57 PM   #27
(female)

Oldbones HB User

I have been "tortured" by restless legs and at times, restless arms also for a long time. Sometimes I would feel like I needed to move my whole body. It would always happen at night while trying to go to sleep or while riding in a car. Sometimes my legs would get that feeling when sitting at the computer for a while. I would get out of bed and pace back and forth, lie on the couch, play musical chairs, stretch my arms and legs until I was exhausted and nothing would help. I looked totally spastic. I finally told my doctor about this horrible sensation and he said I have restless leg/arm syndrome. He knew immediately what it was and wrote me a prescription for 1 mg. Klonopin. One tablet and 30 minutes later, I can rest and get some sleep. It's like a miracle drug. It's not something you would want to take every night but it's great to have for those times when you feel like you are going to scream because you can't quit moving.

If other solutions work without medications, that's great..... but nothing would help me. I would be up all night or if riding in the car, it would get so bad at times, that I wanted to tell my husband to let me out so I could walk! It's a horrible feeling. The Klonopin really works.

Oldbones

Closed Thread