It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gav_73 HB User
Ras?

Hello all ~

I was wondering if you could tell by my symptoms whether or not they sound similar to RLS - but instead of my legs, it's in my arms.

A couple months ago I've experienced a host of various neurological issues and I am waiting to see a neurologist for them. In the meantime, I started having these annoying tingles in my arms and shoulders that are driving me nuts! I'm wondering if it could be RAS rather than RLS.

Anyway, when I go to bed I'll start to experience these painless tingles like my skin is crawling between my shoulder blades into my arms. I wouldn't describe it so much as a need to move them, though, as much as I would this annoying skin scrawling sensation of tingling, just noticable enough to drive me crazy and keep me up. It seems to feel better when I stretch, but ONLY while in the act of stretching. As soon as I stop they come back.

Does this sound like anything you can relate to? My grandmother has RLS but describes hers differently, more like she needs to constantly move them. Anyway, I would appreciate your advice so I can adequately describe to the neurologist when I have my appointment that I may be experiencing RAS or something else.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Ras?

yes this sounds like RLS. It is not uncommon to have it in other body parts.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread