It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

lyann HB User
Accepting life-style changes of RLS

I'm 26 years old and I learn that I have RLS about a week ago. The symptoms just started one month ago and they really decrease since I change my life-style. But, I have difficulty accepting the life-style changes that I need to adopt in order to control the symptoms. I realise that I very lucky that my can be control and that condition is not life threatening, but I feel it limiting in many way... You must do exercise, but you can’t do too much. You have to stop drinking alcohol. Watching television is annoying because you have to move a lot to be comfortable. You have to sleep everyday at the same hour. You have to eat healthy and take supplement... And even if a do all this, your condition risk to worsen with time as you grow older... I feel very sad that I can never live the carefree life that I had before. It let me with not that many source of pleasure... It makes me feel very sad each time I think of one think I won't be able to do... May be I take thing to seriously, may be it not that bad if a take a glass of wine from time to time. I don't know how restrictive I need to be to lower my symptoms to the maximum. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to feel better. I also realise that all the life-style changes are a good thing. But, it seems like RLS take too much place in my life. I can't stop thinking about it. I worry that my symptoms will come back. I don't know if it's normal to feel that way at the beginning or I'm just an anxious person... Anyone feel the same way? Can you live a happy fulfilling life with RLS? I don’t know what I can do to have fun anymore...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread