It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Isotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB User
Dopamine + Flip out = Psychosis

Hello Friends,

Following up my first Dopamine Flip out post, yeppers I done Flipped out for sure and in dramatic fashion. I started taking Mirapex a few weeks ago to combat RLS. I was started at a low dose (0.125mg/d) and it seemed to cut down on the severity of the RLS events -I wasn't jumping out of bed at 3am like I was on fire... My PCP okayed bumping the dose up to 0.250mg/d and that is when some strangeness began to take hold. Over several days my brain felt like it had a white noise machine blaring in the background, I was flooded with racing thoughts, my speech was disorganized, I couldn't arrange my thoughts, and I was completely flustered and unable to solve the most mundane problems. I also had trouble understanding what people were saying to me and even several emails with my Shrink I couldn't explain what was happening to me and had to tell him that I didn't understand a word he was writing in return. about 3-4 days ago I stopped the Mirapex completely and I seem to be coming back to this world, still a few brown outs here and there.... It is believed by my shrink that that Mirapex, being a Dopamine agonist working on D2 receptors threw me into Acute Psychosis. I was veering into mild symptoms of Schizophrenia. I'm a little embarrassed to tell my PCP about this because I pushed him to let me try it and he was 'hesitant' for that very reason, ouch! I may have the guts or stupididty to try it again to see 100% for sure if what happened can happen again so that I can squarely pin the blame on Dopamine activity. Do you guys think it would be a bad idea or dangerous for me to test the theory? I really want to know for certain.

Iso~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
dopamine, psychosis