It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Restless Leg Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

MissHelen HB User
RLS problems

I have had restless leg syndrome for a long time. I'm on Neurontin and Amitryptiline, which works much of the time. Now I'm developing tremors in one foot and one had. Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: RLS problems

Tricyclic antidepressants can sometimes cause tremors as a side effect, even if you have been on them a long time. Amitryptilline is that type of medication. I would discuss with Dr perhaps going off that to see if it helps the tremor, and something like Sinemet could be used instead. Do you have any family history of tremor? I would see a neurologist if stopping nthe amiptryptilline doesn';t stop the tremor. It should be weaned off, so discuss with Dr first.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

MissHelen HB User

Thanks. I didn't realize that Amitryptiline caused tremors. It started out of nowhere and I've been on that for about 12 years. I'll have to talk to the doctor.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
(female)

MissHelen HB User

I spoke to my Pharmacist today and she doesn't feel that anything I'm taking would cause tremors. I know her a long time and trust her. She asked if I had any problems with writing. I just have tremors that are quite annoying. I'll have to go see a neurologist once I have medicare in Oct. From what I'm reading those few months won't hurt me.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

crosdo8 HB User
Smile Re: RLS problems

the Neurontin caused hand tremors in my daughter. She stopped it and they went away.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
(female)

MissHelen HB User

It's funny about all these drugs. I'm hoping it's something simple like meds, but I'm almost 65 and I'm concerned it's something more complex, because of other symptoms. Once I get Medicare I'll look into it. I'm hoping it's not parkinsons, but that did get mentioned about 7 years ago, when I only had a slight tremor in one finger. I was there for evaluation of memory and other cognitive problems. I'm probably going to have to go to a neurologist to get the RLS treated and see what this is. Fortunately, it's still just annoying.

Reply Reply