It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2002, 11:58 PM   #1

Infusco HB User
Question Red Cheeks NOT Rosacea

I've lived with rosey red cheeks for about half my life (during puberty they just popped up). I've been to 3 dermatologists and they've all determined that it is not Rosacea.

It's only in my cheeks and they are persistantly red, and they get redder randomly, when i'm embarressed, hot, etc.

The last dermatologist suggested maybe laser surgury would fix it, but I'm not ready to take that plunge just yet.

I'm asking you guys for some links or suggestions on what I should do. Are there any creams or medicines out there for people to use who have pink cheeks but not rosacea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2002, 09:18 AM   #2
Inactive

Snowqueen HB User
I have a co-worker who has the same thing and there is not much you can do for it. Since they have determined it is not rosaeca you probably need to learn to live with it since your blood vessels are obviously close to the skin surface. Perhaps another poster will offer a better suggestion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2002, 03:31 PM   #3
Veteran

buck58 HB User
Red face

I have the same thing, although its all over my face. I've pretty much ruled out rosacea, though have never had this confirmed. I've just sort of learned to live with it, though I, like you, am keeping an eye/ear out to see if anything comes along that may relieve it!
This may, or may not, be any consilation to you, but think how boring we people would be if we all looked the same. Also, everyone out there has things that bother them on a day to day basis just like you and I do. Trust me, And I'm sure alot of them would gladly trade their imperfection for ours. Hopefully someone else can give you some more suggestions, hang in there, see ya.
buck

Old 12-18-2002, 04:15 PM   #4
Inactive

SnowyLynne HB User
Sounds like Rosacea to me.The only way to know for sure Is to see a dermatologist.there are creams for it.....

------------------
SnowyLynne

Old 12-26-2002, 03:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
I can tell you, I had Photofacials done and it helped me with the red face. They also told me that I did not have Rosacea. I tend to flush alot and that lead to my face staying red.

Old 12-26-2002, 05:50 PM   #6
Veteran

buck58 HB User
yellowrose, I may check into that. Thats my problem, no rosacea, just flush easily. see ya,
buck.

Old 12-27-2002, 07:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

yellowroselisa HB User
Red face

Yes Buck, It did wonders for my face! I had to do 5 photofacials and it was worth every dime. Good luck!

Closed Thread