It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 04:50 PM   #1

BJ1980 HB User
Rosacea?

Hello, in the last couple of weeks I've noticed that I've got this constant flushed complexion on my nose,cheeks and forehead and ears - as if I'm sunburnt.
The forehead flushing is occasionally itchy - I do blush quite easily as I'm pale skinned, but this complexion is constant, no matter what my emotions are.
I have checked stuff out on the internet, and I'm worried this is the early signs of Rosacea.
Thanks in advance for the replies.

Old 12-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #2

al_bdawg HB User
Re: Rosacea?

man.. after i posted i saw your post and we pretty much are askin the same question so we are in this together...my face is red all the time too and its really pissin me off... some people tell me i look like im burnt all the time... it could be something is irritating our skin or we might actually have rosacea... im going to the derm tomorrow so i'll reply back and tell you what he says.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-16-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 11:39 AM   #3

quietly_serene HB User

To get a diagnosis, you'd have to go see a doc. Not every person with red face has rosacea. Doc can recommend some things to help you feel better, if it is rosacea. Otherwise.. you may be one of those people who blush easily, like I am.

Old 12-12-2003, 05:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

This is how I am too. I know I don't have rosacea, but it looks like I have a mild sunburn over my nose and cheeks. I have been to the derm many times for pimple meds and he has never said anything to me about it, so I am assuming it is nothing. I think it's because I have sensitive skin and it gets irritated very easily.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:19 PM   #5
(female)

Hyepod HB User

For years (possibly 10 years) I have had that wonderful flush in the same places. I've known that I turn red unusually easily during, for instance, embarrassing conversations. At times, my nose is also a little shiny and swollen (probably noticable to only me). Off and on, I noticed a very small amount of peeling or flaking skin around the nose. THEN, as if that wasn't enough, I recently and suddenly began breaking out in the same facial regions. The lesions do not look like acne. They are tiny, have no blackheads or whiteheads, and look like a bad rash. And now, the newest thing is that I break out horribly and the red face greatly intensifies within five minutes of drinking alcohol. I don't get it. The only thing that keeps the redness/breakout under control is Elidel cream. I am not saying that you have rosacea, but a dermatologist could probably tell you definitively. It could simply be dermatitis, caused by many things. Keep in mind that dermatitis can co-exist with rosacea.

Last edited by Hyepod; 12-12-2003 at 08:22 PM.

Closed Thread