It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Veteran

Rachel87 HB User
Bare Minerals for Rosacea

My mother has Rosacea and the only product she's found to help conceal the redness is Bare Minerals. Her skin is still very dry, so she has to apply a moisturizer first, then the minerals. She's very pleased with the results though. Anyone with Rosacea should give Bare Minerals a try. I love Bare Minerals too. I think it's great for just about any skin type!

Old 02-23-2004, 06:50 PM   #2

chloe33 HB User
Re: Bare Minerals for Rosacea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel87
My mother has Rosacea and the only product she's found to help conceal the redness is Bare Minerals. Her skin is still very dry, so she has to apply a moisturizer first, then the minerals. She's very pleased with the results though. Anyone with Rosacea should give Bare Minerals a try. I love Bare Minerals too. I think it's great for just about any skin type!
Where can you buy Bare Minerals?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #3
Veteran

Rachel87 HB User

I know you can buy it from their website, but it was pretty pricey. I know this sounds weird, but we decided to look on eBay. We got a brand new, never been opened foundation for like $5.00 or $6.00.

Old 02-25-2004, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

I just bought Bare Minerals and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait! I've heard so much great stuff about it. Mainly I got it because I'm going to be leaving the country- traveling for roughly 30 hours, and they say Bare Minerals is ok to sleep in.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

I have been using Bare Minerals for about 8 months now and I LOVE it! You can buy it at QVC and sometimes they have great specials on it. It may seem expensive, but its really not when you consider how long the container will last.

Also be aware of different container sizes. The starter sizes on the Bare Minerals website are small - only .06 oz. But you do get a lot of extras. The regular size you can get from QVC is .3oz that's 5X more product!!! I also like the larger container because the brush is easier to swirl in the lid.

If you buy from ebay be VERY careful to read the full description. Some sellers divide larger containers and spoon out portions into smaller jars. Not only is this a rip off but a major health risk.

Old 02-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #6
(female)

sassykitten74 HB User

I think buying samples off of ebay is a good idea because its a cheap way to find out if you like it or not BUT there is no way of telling if what you buy is actually BE or some other mineral makeup instead. I love mineral makeup-I have never tried BE though. There are many different brands to choose from;

Old 02-26-2004, 05:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Now I'm worried- I bought my makeup kit from a site called Bare Makeup--- is this a ripoff?

Old 02-26-2004, 09:36 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely.lady
Now I'm worried- I bought my makeup kit from a site called Bare Makeup--- is this a ripoff?
I checked it out... it appears to be the real stuff and the prices are the same as QVC and Bare Minerals official site.

I would caution against the ebay purchases because you don't know where the product is coming from... could be substitute product or mishandled in an unsanitary way. Some of the ebay offers are people selling components of a kit they bought - I think that's okay if its still factory sealed.

When calculating value, watch your sizes!!! The 2 gram foundation = .06 ounces - this is 1/5 of the .3 ounce size for only a few dollars less.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:39 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Mainly I got it because I'm going to be leaving the country- traveling for roughly 30 hours, and they say Bare Minerals is ok to sleep in.
I forgot to mention... YES you can sleep in it. I do every night!!! I don't bother to take it off until I am in the shower in the morning and then I put it right back on again! My skin has never looked better!!!

Old 02-26-2004, 03:33 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Thanks for the reassurance! I actually got my kit today, I can't wait to try it. I haven't heard any negative comments about this makeup yet! The brushes feel awesome.

Old 02-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance! I actually got my kit today, I can't wait to try it. I haven't heard any negative comments about this makeup yet! The brushes feel awesome.
I'm glad to hear you got the whole kit... the brushes make all the difference in the world.

Application is tricky at first - you definately need to figure out your own method. Don't get discouraged, you may think its not working for you at first, but you need to play with it until you get the coverage you are looking for. I will tell you that for me, the application method they depict on the infomercial does NOT work well. They show a very light sweeping of the brush using very little product... I use a heavier brush stroke - I have described it as more like you are erasing something... I also apply about 3 times to get the coverage I need. Its still barely using any product at all, but more than they lead you to believe, if that makes sense.

Also - make sure you wash your brushes often. I do mine once per week and it keeps them soft like new.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:59 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdimassimo
I'm glad to hear you got the whole kit... the brushes make all the difference in the world.

Application is tricky at first - you definately need to figure out your own method. Don't get discouraged, you may think its not working for you at first, but you need to play with it until you get the coverage you are looking for. I will tell you that for me, the application method they depict on the infomercial does NOT work well. They show a very light sweeping of the brush using very little product... I use a heavier brush stroke - I have described it as more like you are erasing something... I also apply about 3 times to get the coverage I need. Its still barely using any product at all, but more than they lead you to believe, if that makes sense.

Also - make sure you wash your brushes often. I do mine once per week and it keeps them soft like new.
Thanks! The makeup is great thus far, it's already changing my skin for the better. I have a question- does the SPF go on before the foundation or after? That was the only thing I was unsure of. And how do you wash the brushes? Just rinse them under some water or something?

Old 02-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

I am not understanding your question... The SPF 15 is a characteristic of the make-up that protects your skins from the sun. What are you asking should be put on before or after?

The mineral veil is a "top coat" it sort of sets the makeup - sometimes I don't use it at all - but the makeup itself has the SPF protection built in.

I wash my brushes with warm water and a tiny drop of mild antibacterial soap. Don't soak them, just work the suds through the bristles gently with your fingers, then rinse, and reshape the brush. I stand the brushes vertically (in an open container) and they are always dry by the next morning.

Last edited by modert; 02-27-2004 at 09:29 AM.

Old 02-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #14

MollieR HB User

I love Bare Minerals and buy it at QVC. They have great specials and I enjoy watching them apply it to models. My one problem with it, it's messy for me. I get that eyeshadow, powder, etc on my makeup table, on me, everywhere. It is so fine that it that it is difficult to control in my opinion. Even when only trying to use a little bit. I wish they had a different way to package it.

Old 02-28-2004, 01:07 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

I have purchased a kit from the infomercial. It should be here in a few days. I also have wanted to try it for several years, but just never got around to it. I now have some broken vessels on my chin I need to cover and decided to take the plunge. The kit was VERY well priced with lots of extras. I am hoping to look less "covered" as the older one gets the less one should wear and I am getting very close to 50. The kit did not contain a blush color. If you have opinions about the blush colors, I would like to hear them.

Closed Thread