It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #1

mishelleyo HB User
Post Rosacea

About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with rosacea and prescribed minocycline 100mg. once a day. I have a wedding coming up in less than 2 months and my face has not cleared up at all. I have, it seems, millions of bumps on my cheeks, forehead and chin. These are just bumps- not really like pimples with whiteheads. I also get an extremely red face- almost purple at times when I blush. So my dilema- I went to the dermalogist today and he said to continue the minocycline and also a coricosteroid- DesOwen. First off if anyone can tell me about this product that would be great. Also, if anyone has had rosacea and could tell me about their treatment.

Thanks! I have never used a message board so I hope I am doing this in the right spot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #2

swissmiss HB User
I have rosacea that I developed after taking accutane, but the only thing that I have found to be remotely helpful in minimizing flushing/redness is Jojoba Oil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #3

ImNotCoolThnx HB User
I saw an information on TV at like 3am about some new FDA approved drug for Rosacea or whatever, it told about what roasacea is and it was like, "Your not alone, There is help for you!" One of those commercials.

I've actually seen it a few times, next time its on I'll write it down for you, you should also try checking the internet.

Old 04-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #4

scudboy HB User
I once had rosacea. Yes, it could be cured despite what the medical professionals say. so don't despair.

one word: Detox or as chinese ppl say, get the heat out of ur body. This board has a few wrong ideas on detox.

1. It takes a hella of long time. I laugh when ppl think that i 10 day detox would work. might work for the everyday person. But if u're in this board writing, u gotta have aat least moderate acne which is a sign of severity in ur body's health. Think of it this way, how could 10 days of eating clean clear up years and years of bad food and toxins? I cured my rosacea after 6 months of detox. yes, everyday eating the right food and plenty of water.

2. Things will get worse before they get better. think of it as venting all the toxins from the inside out via your pores. I had some REALLY severe reddening and acne before things got better. But the results are sweet. I now only get a small pimple a week or two at most.

3. The point of detox is to let ur liver and organs catch up with processing the nutrients and flushing the toxins. That is why i recommend not to take vitamin pills while u're at it. let ur body catch up. just eat normal and drink lots of water. ppl in this board are so concerned of lacking nutrients. unless u suffer from some disease which requires alot of a certain nutrients, go for it. but in most cases, u have too much, thus overloading ur organs.

wow, didn;t relaize i typed so much. but i could relate to u. back then i felt really bad with rosacea and felt like locking myself in the whole summer. good luck.

Closed Thread