It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
(male)

Jonesy HB User
Rosacea- getting a diagnosis

Well, I have basically all the signs of rosacea, having researched i think I am probably a 'first-phaser' because at the moment I just have the flushing sympton, dry skin on occasions and the odd dry spot. It flares up when I eat hot food, go into a hot room, do intensive exercise, am in a public/social situation and feel self-conscious, also I have general 24/7 redness which gets worse when I am 'on the go' and exerting some kind of physical energy........ but, I saw a doctor about it a while ago now, and pretty much without looking at me he laughed and said 'of course you haven't got rosacea' when I suggested it. I explained that I have previously been an accutane user and he didn't even seem to care about that either. My 20th birthday is on friday (which in itself poses problems because like I say, social situations and situations where I feel like I am the centre of attention cause me big flushing problems), and I want to get to the bottom of this. Why might my doctor have thought it such a crazy idea that a lad of my age (probably just turned 19 at the time) might have rosacea? He is renowned at my GP practice as a dodgy doctor who is pretty much disinterested, but the thing is he has kind of put me off going back to another doctor because of the way he was so disparaging to me, and I'm worried (probably wrongly) that I might get unlucky and get another doctor who doesn't really think I'm important and will fob me off again. It sounds silly, but I almost WANT to be told I have rosacea because at least then I can get it under control and treat it, rather than struggling along as I am with it causing profound psychological effect to me. It's not so uncommon for a 20 year old to have early stage rosacea is it?! I"m really paranoid about seeing another doctor, but I really need to, this problem is ruling my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
(female)

Njoylife HB User
Re: Rosacea- getting a diagnosis

Hi Jonesy,
Rosacea isn't pretty at any age. I tried Metrogel. Worked for a while. I then made up my own magical potion. It took about a month and half but it's been working for about 5 yrs now. All I do is take, on a daily basis, vitamin E-400 I.U.,50 mg zinc,selenium and 100 mg of B-complex. Gave this recipe to a friend, also rosacea clear for 3 yrs. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chillijava HB User
Re: Rosacea- getting a diagnosis

hi there
i have just been diagnosed with rosacea and i think the best thing you can do is go to another doc, dont let them fob you off.
i am sure if you go to a doc who listens properly to your concerns it will make you feel better and aid your recovery both mental and physical.
rosacea can happen at any age
good luck

Closed Thread