It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
(male)

dano123 HB User
skin dryness = rosacea?

Hi everybody...
It happened 2 weeks ago, that is (i think) it all started.

2 weeks ago my face directly exposed to the sun for about 40 minutes at about 1 PM.

After like 3-4 days my facial skin became to dry. My lips dried and they are burning. And i have some kind of liquid coming out of my chin that gets hard, and in kind of feel pain when i eat coz i can bearly open my mouth because of the dried liquid on my chin and around my mouth.

I visitied a physician and she told me that I had rosacea. I have never had it before. And when i visited her, yes, my chicks were red and they had some kind of acne on them. but this redness dissapeared after two days of using antibiotics that my physician prescribed me.

Common difficulties that i am faced with are: my facial skin is itchy especially at night. Whenever I wake up my lips are burning+dried.

Could anybody help me with this?

I tried using vaseline to diminish skin dryness, but it doesn't seem to help.
Thanks in advance!

Old 05-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
(female)

grapeape789 HB User
Re: skin dryness = rosacea?

Rosacea is very hard to diagnose. It can look like a lot of other things. There are also a lot of different levels of severity to it. You're physician might be right, she might be wrong. It could be rosacea, it could be a severe burn, it could be some kind of reaction, allergic or other.I would suggest seeing a dermatologist to be sure. Especially if you never noticed any symptoms before. A dermatologist sees a lot more cases of this condition than a general physician and like I said, it's tough to diagnose. A second opinion never hurts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread