It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2003, 09:04 PM   #1

scudboy HB User
Post Had Rosacea: Left with large pores and swelling

yes, i cured my rosacea, but not completely. I no longer blush and flush red. but my skin has this swelling under my eye. and this area scars real easily and pores are huge! plus this area gets oily very easily. Lets also not mention it looks very shiney under light no matter how dry i keep it.

is there any cream or cleanser to fix this? i'm most concerned about the large pores. They really look sick as hell and I'm sick of living my life looking like an orange peel.

also, can rosacea disfigure one's face? I know it can for the nose, but how bout the cheek bones and cheek area? I read some stuff on the internet and it says it could cause excessive tissue growth on the cheeks. Can anyone verify to this cause I suspect I have it. finally, an excuse to myself that i wasn't born ugly, but instead made ugly with this disease.

any help is appreciated.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Check out Paula's Choice products. They are excellent for soothing skin, and the BHA helps clean and refine pores. ALL her products are very gentle and irritant free. Masking helps close the pores temporarily, but too much masking can close them too much and cause cysts, so don't go overboard with them.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2003, 05:00 PM   #3

swissmiss HB User
out of curiosity...how did you cure your rosacea?

Old 05-12-2003, 07:45 AM   #4
(female)

mattleen HB User
Yes I would also like to know how you cured your rosacea, i was just recently diagnosed always thought it was miled acne, until I would get flare ups and my cheeks and forehead would look sunburned. I too get some puffiness under the eyes I have not heard about this disfiguring a persons face but if it causes tissue swelleing is there anything to reduce the swelling.

Old 05-12-2003, 10:54 AM   #5

scudboy HB User
the way i cleared my rosacea was just eating alot of "cool foods". that is the way chinese ppl call it. Basically, in english terms... detoxify. Many think it doesn't work or that it doesn't work. truth is u just gotta do it a long time. yes, long as in years. it took me 2 years of eating right to clear things up. I read that a guide would be it takes one month for every year of "bad eating" u've done. Think of toxins as being stored in your body and it having to be stripped off layer by layer. The word "txoin flush" can milead u to think that its like a flush of the toilet and once done, it'll be all gone. not true.

The way I think of it is different ppl have different ways to manifest their toxins. This is why I believe overweight ppl do not often get acne. Their toxins are kinda stored in their body as fat. while the thin ppl kinda let everything go out through their skin. I know, sounds like a crazy theory...

to make it easier for u to cure ur problems i'll sum up what i did:

Do not eat:
-Lychee (u don't believe in chinese medicine? Then eat a handful of these and watch uu face explode. There is no scientific fact on this being bad for acne, but chinese medicine and ppl know this is one of the most "hot" food u can eat.
-Lobster, Crab, Shrimp
-fried food
- heck... basically any food that tastes good.

To eat:

- Anything that tastes bitter. Anything. The more bitter, the more detoxifying. I used to have to drink this tea which nearly made me puke. Next day, I would either get a sore throat or lotsa pimples. This is a sign of toxins coming out of ur body.
- if bitter tea ain't ur thing, eat ALOT of honeydew melon. This is one of the "coldest fruits" u can eat. I used to eat a whole one a day.

yes, i know its frustrating. Cause if u eat bad, it'll break u out. if u eat bad, it'll break u out. but think long term. i never go red unless i feel TOTALLY emabarrassed or extremely hot from eating spicy food. This is alot better than what i used to be. I used to turn red even by looking at sunlight out my window!!! its great to be free, but it sucks that these large pores and scars are with me.

Closed Thread