It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

Painyoufeel HB User
Rosacea and Retin A

Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced what I have. When i was about 15 years old my mom took me to a doctor because I had mild acne. The doctor prescribed Retin A and he explained to me that what it did was pull up the acne from deep down and that my face would look pretty bad for awhile. So I started taking it and my face looked like a disaster. Of course I had a lot of acne coming up, but my face also got really red. I stopped taking it , and the redness never went away. Ive had it ever since then. Ive always blamed the Retin A, but my mom has had rosacea for as long as i remember, so I know that i was doomed to get it eventually. Is it possible the retin a pulled up the rosacea? Ive recently read studies indicating it is possible for Retin A to bring about rosacea when used in people that have pre-rosacea so maybe that is what happened, but i know 15 is extremely young to develop rosacea. Im 24 now and im so exhausted with this, my self esteem is at an all time low, im tired of people asking why my face is red, or telling me that i will be so beautiful when i get my skin cleared up. I live in Florida and heat is a trigger for me, so everytime i go to something outside i end up looking like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and everyone starts asking me if im ok. I wish there was a cure....

Old 07-07-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
(female)

1plumppup HB User
Re: Rosacea and Retin A

Hi, There are so many claims as to the causes of rosacea and I too am just sick of trying to find things to help. Over the past 2 years I have read reports on insects causing this problem, some kind of mite living under the skin's surface. I don't know. I believe my outbreaks are allergy related, and I am allergic to everything green so spring and summer are particularly bad months for me.
Last year I stumbled onto several web site bosting about the many uses of DMSO. From pain relief to clearing acne and rosacea, growing bald spots, helping burns heal faster, etc. I thought oh well, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

The first night stung rather intensely for about 10 mins then gradually faded away. The second night stung for about 6 mins. The third morning I awoke to more clear skin. I then used DMSO and hydrocortisone (over the counter from drug store) combined. The morning after, my face had cleared by 75%.

I now use only the DMSO to clear my face when I feel a flare up trying to start. It has kept me virtually free of annoying outbreaks ever since.

Now, be warned DMSO is serious stuff. It is a naturally derrived solvent (from either trees or sea algee). It will act as a "carrier" when used with other substances like creams or medicine. It helps the other meds penetrate deeper and even enter the blood stream. This usually ok because any med (or anything for that matter ) you put on your skin will be absorbed into your body and blood stream, this make it happen faster and possibly more so. Just be certain that your hands are clean before applying. Don't spray for bugs then go smearing DMSO on your self as you will give yourself a dose of bug spray!! But clean hands are fine. It will also leave a faint galic taste in your mouth that will fade in mins.

After using this my rosacea has cleared, my acne under the best control ever. And if I have a sore muscle it is relieved. This stuff is the buy of the year at only $7.00 per roll on bottle, and lasts for months. I use the 70%DMSO 30%aloe vera and purchase it at health food stores.

Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 AM   #3
(female)

Painyoufeel HB User
Re: Rosacea and Retin A

Thank you for the response. I will definitely look into DMSO.

Closed Thread