It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
(female)

Amanda16 HB User
Rosacea

For the past 3 years of so I have red areas on my cheeks and have been diagnosed with Rosacea. Does anyone know what the latest treatment for this is? Are the creams like Noritate effective at making the redness go away? What about ZenMed, which I saw online? I am also partial to holistic treatments but am afraid of applying any remedy that might make it worse.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User
Re: Rosacea

My mom is suffering from rosacea. She's been tetracycline twice now and has tried different creams from the doctor. The latest one is metrogel (in a cream), but that isn't helping either. She finds her face gets very itchy. I'm trying to do some research for her because she doesn't have a computer. It's a very frustrating skin condition. What does your dermatologist recommend for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 02:19 AM   #3
(female)

miss helena HB User

Hi there,

The only thing I've found helpful with my pesky rosacea (apart from treating face very gently and not using perfumed/harsh products) has been a yearly laser treatment. Several are recommended for rosacea, I get the Candela V-Beam. It dramatically reduces the surface redness/broken capillaries. I "THINK" other lasers used for rosacea are Photofacial and Y-Lite - might pay to do a web search on this.....there is also a Dr Nase in the USA who has a very informative website re all this.

Cheers, Helen

Old 03-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
(male)

SparkMan HB User

hey i just want to say something, most people get diagnosed with rosacea when they have something tottally different i have pinkish cheeks and its not rosacea its KPRF ( KP Rubra Faceii ) heres a picture [url]http://health.allrefer.com/health/keratosis-pilaris-keratosis-pilaris-rubra-faceii-1.html[/url]

Old 03-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
(female)

bmarie22000 HB User

Hi there,

I have Rosatia, but it's been under control for a good while. However, wasn't always so! I went through all the different topical treatments, oral antibiotics, etc, but it was still there. I accidently fell upon something that has cleared it up beautifully.

Wasn't even looking for something for the rosatia, just had a friend who was selling a new skin care and wanted to send me samples...sure, I was in skincare crisis I told her! The main ingredient is aloe, which is really healing and soothing and also contains chamomille.

Closed Thread