It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 03:28 PM   #1

babygurl HB User
Unhappy Make-up for Rosacea?

I was diagnosed with Rosacea 3 years ago. I am only 28 and am quite embarrased by my red face. My question is, is there any make-up available that will cover up the redness without irritating my face anymore than it already is?

Old 05-30-2003, 12:38 PM   #2

GroggySue HB User
YES! there is, any good makeup counter will help you with that. Just ask for the 'green' makeup. It's a base to put on before your foundation. But be sure to wash your face before going to bed as it will clog your pores. The kind I use is from "Estee Lauder" but there are many others. Have you tried "MetroGel", medication that reduces the redness with consistent daily use? Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
I don't know which make up would be helpful to you, but I was recently given a prescription called Finacea, which is for Roseacea patients. Have you ever used it?

Old 06-01-2003, 08:01 PM   #4
(male)

dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User
Smile

I know this is going to sound a little crazy to most but here goes anyway. While reading our local newspaper the other day, I came upon an article in the health section. A woman wrote in about her rosacea condition. She had tried everything from topical tetracycline to Metrogel suggested by her doctor with no results. Anyway, she evidentally found her own soultion. Twice daily now, she applys a light coating of cornstarch to the affected areas. She said within a weeks time, her condition had improved drastically. Well, guess i`m crazy too because I have been using cornstarch for a few days now also. (I have rosacea starting on my nose and cheeks.) Redness seems to be better after just a few days. I will repost in another week or so if anyone is interested . I hesitated posting this message thinking people wouldn`t believe what I am saying, however, some of the best treatments are natural ones.

Old 06-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #5

babygurl HB User
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the feed back. I just went to Target on Saturday and all I could find was a green cover-up stick by neutrogena. I tried it today and it did ok but I think I am going to try the estee lauder. I was just wondering is that like a foundation or will it be a stick also? I have tried just about everything for my face. Right now I am taking antibiotics,(which the doc tells me I will have to take forever), and metronidazole cream(Noritate). It is doing ok but I really dont want to take antibiotics the rest of my life. I tried metro-gel and it only made things worse and erythromycin gel and that made things pretty bad too. On top of the rosacea i have really sensitive skin so I have to be particular about what goes on my face. Well if you guys here of anything new please post. Thanks

Old 06-07-2003, 11:33 PM   #6

kran HB User
Wink

there is a line of skin care called L'Bri Pure and Natural. it actually cures rosasia and reduces it with just a few times use! L'Bri uses aloe barbadensis miller and has no fillers (wax, oils, etc) and is very gentle on your skin. i highly recommend it.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:14 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User
Re: Make-up for Rosacea?

I've been using Mineral makeup for about 7 years now. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #8
(female)

jacksinn HB User

My rosacea couldnt be cure by perscription either. I started using ANEW from avon 2 step glycolic peel. Rosacea gone!

Old 01-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #9
(female)

WxK HB User

Avoid anything with Titanium Dioxide in it- that seems to be a big triggor for rosacea, in fact anthing with sunscreen as well because Titanium Dioxide is an active component in all sunscreens. I have had Rosacea for years and I'm only 27 so I can identify with your problem- I currently use Alba organics Pineapple enzyme facial cleanser and that is working great for me- it's not irritating, also pay attention to what you are eating, in particular spicy foods, processed foods and wheat- in fact after I went Macrobiotic my skin improved and my rosacea was easy to control- i know my skin will act up for at lease 4 or 5 days before my monthly cycle begins and those are my worst days out of the month for rosacea. Tomato, peppers, hot drinks and hot foods are terrible for rosacea though any alcohol will cause a flare up within hours so if drinking is something you can aviod do it. Try Sake if your looking to indulge with friends occasionally. Where make-up is concerned I have used
Maybelline Shine free for the last three years, after trying everything it still seems to work the best. You will not ever be able to look fresh all day with out washing your face and starting over at least once through out the day- it's a part of having rosacea. Metrogel simply clogs pores, any topical steroid will make your skin look great for one day and you will pay for it for at least a week- differin is fine for any potential break out- spot treatments only- there is really nothing that works compleatly. The photofacial seems to be the ultimate in treatment- if you can afford it and any downtime- even though thay say there is not any- there is. I have not had it yet- I'm working on it. I hope this helps- also, try the book "Don't go to the cosmetics counter with out me" you will stop spending money on things that are not worth it.
good luck.

Closed Thread