It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Rosacea... in my eyes.

So, I'm 39 and I've had acne since I was 13. Never had the redness or bumps usually seen in rosacea, though.

In my mid-thirties I started getting really terrible "allergy attacks" that made my eyes swell shut. The opthamologist insisted it was an allergy, but the allergist insisted it wasn't. I tested negative for all food and respiratory allergies. I've seen at least 3 GPs and an ENT guy about it, too.

Last week I saw a dermotoligist about my acne and she said I had "rosacea-prone skin" and started me on Finacea. So I started reading up on rosacea and discovered that 50% of people who have it also have in their eyes, and the symptoms are exactly like my "allergy attacks."

So my question is: Anyone here have rosacea, and does it affect your eyes, and what do you do about it?

Last edited by Crossbow; 08-28-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
(male)

JimK HB User
Re: Rosacea... in my eyes.

I have quite severe rosecea on my nose, but never in my eyes. I use a sulfur wash and then an antibiotic cream twice a day. The sulfur wash cannot get in the eyes. I have also been treated with tetracycline antibiotics. It is very aggrevating. Also some foods will cause a flare up. Stay away from spicy foods or hot drikns such as coffee.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

I have Rosacea and yes, it can effect your eyes. Thank goodness, it doesn't effect mine. I really feel for you. First, find and avoid your triggers. You might want to try 2 - 4 Grapeseed extract caps and 1 VITC ester cap every day. They will help strengthen the blood cells.

Last edited by eve40; 09-15-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
(female)

Shgar HB User

Crossbow,

Do a search on "ocular rosacea". Pretty scary stuff. If you allow your "regular" rosacea to go unchecked, it can spread into your eyes. I flare up regularly about every three months and am very careful when cleansing to wipe away from the eyes. I had a cyst, zit, pimple, pustule, (whatever you want to call it) on my eyelid once and it took over a month to go away. The "stuff" inside the thing got into my eye and caused a great deal of discomfort for a week or so. I saw my dermatologist (within 2 weeks, WOW!!) and he said that it can cause a lot of eye damage if not arrested quickly. Good luck...

Closed Thread